NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 320 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Unagi San

May 5, 2020
At least in China the death rate out of Wuhan can hold below 0.5% after Wuhan locked down since almost all of the cases were kept inside Wuhan, the price is huge since the death rate in Wuhan was almost 8% after all cases were recovered or dead, experience is half of severe cases would need ventilators and treats or they would suffer a few days and die without med support.
The most important thing to stop it is locking down, which might sounds not so pleasant, I ain't sure if the economics could hold if some real "lockingdown"s last for weeks.
I don't really wish reopen should happen so soon with such a stable daily case data, it should be exponential but it's not, is there any possibility that the test ability is limited to be around a critical number?

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Very poor compliance from customers around here, on a good day I'd say it's 30%. Worker compliance depends on store, the larger chains are 100%, regional, probably 50-70%, but they do at least have shields up everywhere.
Is it any wonder we're doing so poorly as far as flattening our curve?

Many of the masks you see in public are not N95. Lots of people may be "complying" by getting any old mask they can get and wearing/rewearing it. Others who are wearing masks that MIGHT be useful are doing it wrong, such as by leaving the nose uncovered or by trying to wear one over a beard. I see that a lot.

The flu shot is 46% effective for this year's 2020 flu season

https://www.insider.com/how-effective-is-the-flu-shot

If and when we get a corona vaccine, I wonder what the numbers will be.

The flu mutates too often for a "real" vaccine along the lines of an MMR or similar to work. It's a bandaid to cover up for the fact that the medical field has broadly failed to cope with influenza.

At least in China the death rate out of Wuhan can hold below 0.5%

Does anyone still trust their numbers? I don't.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
He's an obvious 50-Cent Army Guerilla. Of course he "believes." As social media sheep-herders, it's their job to influence others to believe.

Last edited:

Unagi San

May 5, 2020
Many of the masks you see in public are not N95. Lots of people may be "complying" by getting any old mask they can get and wearing/rewearing it. Others who are wearing masks that MIGHT be useful are doing it wrong, such as by leaving the nose uncovered or by trying to wear one over a beard. I see that a lot.

The flu mutates too often for a "real" vaccine along the lines of an MMR or similar to work. It's a bandaid to cover up for the fact that the medical field has broadly failed to cope with influenza.

I ain't seeking for no arguing, at least from what I experienced in China (in Shanghai, Zhejiang and Shandong for last two months), the values could fit with the infected people in the exact street. I didn't believe the values either at the very beginning because there were people didn't included in the table especially in Wuhan. Anyway, I came here for only entertainment and chat, believe it or not chinese controlled it and there are pretty much for other states to look into as refs.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
...Anyway, I came here for only entertainment and chat, ...
I looked at your post history when you had only three posts and it's pretty clear that's not why you came here.

Ignorance won't cure covid, good luck.
How am I ignorant merely for correctly pointing out what kind of user you are and why you are here?

I didn't insult you. I merely called you out for what you were in case others didn't notice and then you resorted to insulting me. You aren't off to a good start here.

You want to frame this as an attempt tl find a cure? Then tell me, oh non-ignorant and enlightened one: what IS the cure for COVID? What am I missing by wallowing in my ignorance?

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I don't know if this got posted but it's a real eye opener. Might be considered political but I feel people need to know. The system is corrupt AF and it's an eye opener about how horribly this situation is being managed.

Had to use a lbry link since Youtube is censoring the crap out of stuff that does not fit their views.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
OMG Dominoes about to get trolled for fun by me i think. I love their new idea of contactless delivery. You write a note telling them how to deliver your pizza so i had this idea in mind.

I will leave chalk in the middle of the street, request they draw a pentacle in the middle of the steet then put the pizza in the middle of the pentacle then have them yell jet fuel does not melt steel beams then take off! They will assume its some sort of witchcraft when in reality its really a protection sigil used by even Christians in the Roman Catholic Church. The pentacle is often confused with the pentagram. A link for those confused on the differences and their history!Also 13 is lucky really when all things considered. :) Its my lucky number anyways.

Last edited:

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
OMG Dominoes about to get trolled for fun by me i think. I love their new idea of contactless delivery. You write a note telling them how to deliver your pizza so i had this idea in mind.

I will leave chalk in the middle of the street, request they draw a pentacle in the middle of the steet then put the pizza in the middle of the pentacle then honk 13 times then leave!. :D They will assume its some sort of pagan witchcraft when in reality its really a protection sigil used by even Christians in the Roman Catholic Church. . The pentacle is often confused with the pentagram. A link for those confused on the differences and their history!Also 13 is lucky really when all things considered. :) Its my lucky number anyways.

^^ quick way to get extra protein on your pizza

• Haha
Reactions: mopardude87

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
^^ quick way to get extra protein on your pizza

I prob would expect this honestly, which just makes it funnier. :D Nah i wouldn't ask about the honking but man that is so temping. Maybe they could yell out something like Jet fuel does not melt steel beams then take off? Reminds me of this very popular meme.

Yeah forget the honking idea i edited the other post LOL.

Last edited:

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I don't know if this got posted but it's a real eye opener.

Huh.

Medicare sure is laying out a lot of money on this thing. That's gonna leave a mark.

Also:

Last edited:

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
One of my buddies posted this on his wall on facebook and i thought it was some good prospective! I hate posting things like this sometimes as it may trigger someone but this guy makes good points especially about numbers. You can't deny that as those numbers are documented and known. Why they aren't known or plastered on the news is beyond me .

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
@mopardude87

I think he's a little off-base. People have commented quite intelligently that the flu doesn't stuff ICUs every year the way Covid-19 does right now. It does kill people, but the other crap Covid-19 can do to people . . . it's just ugly. We're still learning about the possible long-term damage it can do to multiple organ groups of survivors.

Right now, Covid-19 is hitting ICUs harder than a freight train in areas where it's prevalent. Around here, it's not doing anything . . . we have 13 credited deaths in our entire country which has an estimated population of ~360k people. So I think people are right to question lockdown procedures around here, assuming that people from hotspots don't start coming here frequently. But I don't think you can just keep juxtaposing Covid-19 with the flu in areas like New York, New Orleans, or Detroit.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
@mopardude87

I think he's a little off-base. People have commented quite intelligently that the flu doesn't stuff ICUs every year the way Covid-19 does right now. It does kill people, but the other crap Covid-19 can do to people . . . it's just ugly. We're still learning about the possible long-term damage it can do to multiple organ groups of survivors.

Yeah i will say its still a serious matter and i practice precautions if its the last thing i ever do. Not trying to make light work of this, not even close. Just the numbers got me interested. I don't live in fear of this thing, i rebuke that which shall not be named. Does not mean i won't stay 6 feet away from you as much as possible or not wear a mask. Gonna do that all the same.

The news does seem to focus more on the negative over positive and besides the few rare headlines that deserve attention like talks of Vaccines, i hardly watch. There is 3 active clinical trials and 67 others sorta in the works.

Caveman

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 1999
I don't know if this got posted but it's a real eye opener. Might be considered political but I feel people need to know. The system is corrupt AF and it's an eye opener about how horribly this situation is being managed.

Had to use a lbry link since Youtube is censoring the crap out of stuff that does not fit their views.

Has everyone seen this video? If not, please do. Why on earth would it be removed from YT? Why isn't this the primary story ALL OVER THE MEDIA??? Virologists saying they are being forced to do the exact opposite of what should be done... The whole thing is cloaked in scandal. Would like to hear factual arguments against what the video explains... Fake news?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Has everyone seen this video? If not, please do. Why on earth would it be removed from YT? Why isn't this the primary story ALL OVER THE MEDIA??? Virologists saying they are being forced to do the exact opposite of what should be done... The whole thing is cloaked in scandal. Would like to hear factual arguments against what the video explains... Fake news?

It's extremely dangerous conspiracy theory pushed primarily by a person who either is mentally unbalanced or monstrously cynical, perhaps both.

She makes many claims like that the virus was manipulated when all genetic analysis done by labs says no. She implies that people dying is a money making venture for hospitals when the healthcare system is actually on the verge of collapse due to revenue loss. Then there is the batshit claim that wearing mask causes harm to the wearer which just flies in the face of all science and basic sense. The list goes on.

Feel free to read a little about Mikovits, it's not confidence inspiring.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/08/plandemic-judy-mikovits-coronavirus/

In the years after the 2009 study was retracted, Mikovits was fired from her job leading a research institute, arrested for theft and sued by her former employer. Meanwhile, she doubled down on debunked theories linking retroviruses that originated in mice and medical conditions ranging from chronic fatigue syndrome to autism

After other scientists failed to replicate Mikovits’s research on chronic fatigue syndrome, her employers at the Whittemore Peterson Institute in Nevada fired her in October 2011, “Science” magazine reported, though they said the termination was not related to the retraction.

Then, her employers filed criminal and civil charges against her for allegedly stealing research materials and data when she left her job.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard it's a potentially damaging conspiracy video for the credulous. Red Squirrel posting would seem to lend credence to the notion that YT should remove it.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Your name is Grug Crood?