- Jul 11, 2001
My nephew is in the same boat. 3x Pfizer vaxxed but he's been holding off on the 2nd booster. Said he came down with covid during his trip to Mexico, I think less than a month ago. He's an M.D., surgeon. He's the first family member I have who I know to have gotten covid. Was sick for a week. Said he's hesitant to get that 2nd booster because he reacted badly to the previous shots. Said as long as he isn't at risk for hospitalization, he's willing to take his chances. I encouraged him to get boosted anyway, but I figure he'll wait for the next round. I suppose he got BA.4 or BA.5.I still haven't gotten my 2nd booster. Is it worth getting against the BA.5 variant or should I wait until a new vax is approved?
Myself, I'm 4x Moderna vaxxed and had mild reactions to all 4 shots. The minute it's approved, I'm going for the next booster.