NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 582 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Of course, Florida

That's insanity. Is it even legal and can they be liable? It's one thing to ban illegal substance, but you're talking about something that's equivalent to medication.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
That's insanity. Is it even legal and can they be liable? It's one thing to ban illegal substance, but you're talking about something that's equivalent to medication.

Stuff like this is why I've mostly run out of patience for morons. :mad:

"Free speech" is fine but at some point when it does real harm, the people pushing verifiable BS to deceive the ignorant need to be held accountable and punished for their actions.

I realize it would be wrong of me to wish Covid on all of the folks in charge at that "school" but my bet is a bunch of kids getting sick will be the price that's actually paid for this sheer stupidity.

Reactions: destrekor and Zorba
Nov 8, 2012

lol it's insane to the point of hilarity.

“Even among our own population, we have at least three women with menstrual cycles impacted after having spent time with a vaccinated person,” she wrote, repeating a false claim that vaccinated people can somehow pass the vaccine to others and thereby affect their reproductive systems. (They can do neither.)

So now vaccines effect your menstrual cycles?

Perhaps someone should inform them that simply being around other women (vaccine or not) effects menstrual cycles.

• Wow
Reactions: jman19 and pmv

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Perhaps someone should inform them that simply being around other women (vaccine or not) effects menstrual cycles.

You didn't read that wikipedia article, did you?

"After the initial studies, several papers were published reporting methodological flaws in studies reporting menstrual synchrony including McClintock's study. In addition, other studies were published that failed to find synchrony.

A 2013 review concluded that menstrual synchrony likely does not exist.

After the initial studies reporting menstrual synchrony began to appear in the scientific literature, other researchers began reporting the failure to find menstrual synchrony.

More recent studies, which took into account some of these methodological criticisms, failed to find menstrual synchrony.

"In light of the lack of empirical evidence for MS [menstrual synchrony] sensu stricto, it seems there should be more widespread doubt than acceptance of this hypothesis"'

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
With the big mess in India right now, Turkey is about to shut down for 2 1/2 weeks until middle of May. Brazil is having huge problem and so on and on at multiple countries.

Goodness, when will this virus go away.

H T C

Nov 7, 2018
With the big mess in India right now, Turkey is about to shut down for 2 1/2 weeks until middle of May. Brazil is having huge problem and so on and on at multiple countries.

- 1st step is to vaccinate all those professionals that MAY be in contact with those most vulnerable, like medical personnel for example, to ensure NONE OF THEM unknowingly pass the virus to those most vulnerable
- 2nd step is to vaccinate all those most vulnerable: this will "show up" in the number of fatalities dropping VERY SIGNIFICANTLY
- 3rd step is to vaccinate all those more likely to be hospitalized when infected with COVID: this will "show up" in the number of hospitalized dropping VERY SIGNIFICANTLY

Barring new variants that MAY "mess" with the effectiveness of vaccines, this should be enough to REALLY open up the countries to pre-COVID as the amount of those that require hospitalization SHOULD be around "bad flu level" @ most and thus MUCH MORE manageable.

- 4th step is to vaccinate enough people to achieve herd immunity

Ofc: this assumes there are enough vaccines to achieve this which, for now, THERE AREN'T ... it will take quite some time ...

Reactions: Zorba

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

When everyone has had it or the vaccine. Anyone that thinks it'll go away before then is in denial. Most deadly viruses were with humans for thousands of years prior to vaccinations.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
That's definitely a step in the right direction. The sooner that happens, the sooner they'll push for the next grouping which will include my kids...

Yea I was hoping 11yr olds would be part of it but my kid won't be eligible initially. She'll have to wait till Oct.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
That's definitely a step in the right direction. The sooner that happens, the sooner they'll push for the next grouping which will include my kids...

Trials for Sub-12 year-olds are just in the beginning of Phase 1. It'll be November at the earliest before kids can get it. So every anti-vaxxer out there is going to be putting kids at risk for at least the next 8 months.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
At work, I don't know, but outside of work, they do to at least some extent.
Yeah, with close friends. You don't go tell a bunch of coworkers "My period is late, probably because I was around Joe who was vaccinated. Nothing to do with the fact he wasn't wearing a condom."

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yeah, with close friends. You don't go tell a bunch of coworkers "My period is late, probably because I was around Joe who was vaccinated. Nothing to do with the fact he wasn't wearing a condom."
I mean, I'm not about to ascribe normal, logical behavior to the teachers that work at such a place...

Reactions: Zorba

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Fully vaccinated with Moderna but got tested again today due to symptoms (sore throat, cough, sore/swollen sinuses, difficulty breathing, etc). Waiting on results. My brother says he had milder symptoms a day earlier and got tested too.

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
With the big mess going on in India, friends and business associates in other countries in Asia are saying things are not going well either.

Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, etc., are cracking down with restrictions because of new cases. Just like wack a mole.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I heard the J&J might be available to all adults soon. That one is similar to AZ right? Might go for that one if it becomes available to me. Or would I be better off waiting for mRNA ones?