NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 400 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Michigan is about to see a lot of armed white people.
I've noticed a substantial decrease in anti-gretchen news stories and discussions on social media. I think people here are seeing what's going on in the south and thinking "ah... OK maybe she was right". Not everyone of course but it feels like there's been a shift

Nov 8, 2012
Not sure if this got posted but looks like Bill Nye is pissed. Oh i love the candle experiment, blew pretty damn hard and STILL not put it out. Man i always loved this dude.

Uhhh.... Did you see his Netflix show?

That will make you quickly lose respect for him lol :D

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Uhhh.... Did you see his Netflix show?

That will make you quickly lose respect for him lol :D

Yikes yeah i heard something about a show that triggered people, i never saw it then again i don't have Netflix. I do have Rose Shade glasses though, he was constantly on the tv in my middle school class. Yeah we had a lazy teacher who would have us write notes, while we watched one of his episodes. The mask experiment brought me back.

I just really liked that video, its so freaking simple to follow and its just like wow. I see those fence/mask meme images on my Facebook occasionally and honestly that video may be my copy/paste commentary from now on. No words need to be spoken.

Edit: I posted it on my wall right after i posted it here, already got a anti masker going to work at the mouth. Think i found a new trigger for the anti mask idiots. Not even gonna respond, i will let the video do the talking and show how stupid you wanna be.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
Yikes yeah i heard something about a show that triggered people, i never saw it then again i don't have Netflix. I do have Rose Shade glasses though, he was constantly on the tv in my middle school class. Yeah we had a lazy teacher who would have us write notes, while we watched one of his episodes. The mask experiment brought me back.

Maaaaaaaan it was just fall on the floor CRINGE is the only way to describe it lol. I wish I could say it was funny from how stupid it was - but... yeah, all I could do was cringe while looking away constantly from how bad it was.

Here's a quick taste for you.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Maaaaaaaan it was just fall on the floor CRINGE is the only way to describe it lol. I wish I could say it was funny from how stupid it was - but... yeah, all I could do was cringe while looking away constantly from how bad it was.

Here's a quick taste for you.

Got to 34 seconds then this was my reaction. I couldn't take it anymore. You win.

1594562303905.png

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I've noticed a substantial decrease in anti-gretchen news stories and discussions on social media. I think people here are seeing what's going on in the south and thinking "ah... OK maybe she was right". Not everyone of course but it feels like there's been a shift

Yes, a lot of people are watching the sunbelt and thinking "oh".

Florida reported 15K cases today.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Yes, a lot of people are watching the sunbelt and thinking "oh".

Florida reported 15K cases today.

People still think that this is all staged BTW. Become a student of history. The Spanish flu took the lives of 625k Americans when our population at the time was only 103m. That is a crazy number. IMO, we are seeing a repeat of history. Back then, people weren't taking the Spanish flu seriously. Look at people today. Back then, people weren't wearing mask. Look at people today who are defying scientist reccomendations to wear the mask. People back then were downplaying the severity of the virus. Look at people today. It's the same god damn reaction. What is much more problematic today is we have the internet, so people are stuck in this ecochamber of nonsense and misinformation. Look at David Icke as example. Trump is another example. It's not real. Fake. Numbers are going down. This virus is like the common flu, etc. You didn't have this in 1918.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Starting to see a lot of reports that testing shortages are becoming a national problem as the south gobbles supplies up trying to not really manage their outbreaks.

Seems like not having a national strategy during a pandemic is sort of bad.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
People still think that this is all staged BTW. Become a student of history. The Spanish flu took the lives of 625k Americans when our population at the time was only 103m. That is a crazy number. IMO, we are seeing a repeat of history. Back then, people weren't taking the Spanish flu seriously. Look at people today. Back then, people weren't wearing mask. Look at people today who are defying scientist reccomendations to wear the mask. People back then were downplaying the severity of the virus. Look at people today. It's the same god damn reaction. What is much more problematic today is we have the internet, so people are stuck in this ecochamber of nonsense and misinformation. Look at David Icke as example. Trump is another example. It's not real. Fake. Numbers are going down. This virus is like the common flu, etc. You didn't have this in 1918.

Some people sure. They'll think that until they are on their deathbeds. Polls indicate rapidly rising concern in much of the country though.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Saw a chiropractor (AKA pseudoscience quack) fanning the conspiracy flames with an anecdote about a contact tracer who asked him on the phone if he had any symptoms after his contact with a known-positive individual. He went on and on about how they would have counted him as a case of he had merely answered "yes."

If this man were a real doctor, he'd know that the vast majority of respiratory infections are diagnosed clinically, without tests... even during a pandemic. There is a set of diagnostic criteria. To require a test for every diagnosis only handicaps you. After all, we didn't have PCR tests 100 years ago and yet there were plenty of people getting diagnosed with Spansh Flu. I've been diagnosed with colds and flus many times and I've never once been tested. Requiring a test is why China's yearly flu numbers are often in the single digits when we know that they have hundreds of thousands. They did no statistical analysis or random sampling to determine the true number because they wanted to suppress it. THAT is the conspiracy.

I'd say that having flu-like symptoms in the height of the summer during a pandemic after having contact with a known-positive individual is pretty good diagnostic criteria, especially when colds and flus have less ability to spread due to social distancing and lockdowns.

That video is getting shared all over as proof "from a doctor" that the numbers are inflated. I couldn't facepalm harder.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Starting to see a lot of reports that testing shortages are becoming a national problem as the south gobbles supplies up trying to not really manage their outbreaks.
Yeah, news has been saying this & labs apparently are getting backed up too.

Seems like not having a national strategy during a pandemic is sort of bad.
If only there were, say... some sort of group of people who could... i don't know, take the lead in coming up with some sort of direction for this. You know, for the whole county, not just here & there.

If only...

Some people sure. They'll think that until they are on their deathbeds. Polls indicate rapidly rising concern in much of the country though.
Saw on the news the other night about a young man that had gone to a Covid-19 party. Not sure what the plan was. Try to get infected? To prove this is all a hoax?
Anyway, apparently he he told his nurse "i think i made a mistake" sometime before he died.

I feel shitty for thinking this but i'm having a hard time sympathizing for him.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Saw on the news the other night about a young man that had gone to a Covid-19 party. Not sure what the plan was. Try to get infected? To prove this is all a hoax?
Anyway, apparently he he told his nurse "i think i made a mistake" sometime before he died.

I feel shitty for thinking this but i'm having a hard time sympathizing for him.

Yeah this happened right down the highway in San Antonio.

I feel bad for him and incredibly frustrated that it's come to this.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
107620703_10217486245449664_8172327733327488774_o.jpg

How to ensure more men wear masks:
say Covid-19 shrinks your balls and cock :eek:

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
A lady that works with my wife was with her grandkids last weekend in the car. Her grandkids all tested positive for covid. They had a cough and an ear ache. They go to day care kids and I'm sure their mom doesn't take precautions, in general.

Be safe and realize that people you work with may wear masks, etc but will let their guard down around family....and their family can be the biggest risk of all.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

I can't remember where I read or heard it, maybe here, but I recall someone explaining that while battling the virus he felt severe pain in his testicles. And there was discussion about why the reproductive organs like testes are getting hit.

Kind of an eye-opener, but then again, everything about this virus has been an eye-opener for those of us paying attention.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

I mean, it fucks with bloodflow, circulation, and causes clotting in various organs. No reason to suspect it wouldn't screw up your junk too.

I agree, fast-track a study about COVID micropenis, you'll get a lot stronger compliance at that point.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Ugh...

Both NY Post and that ignorant PD need to be sued for spreading this dangerous and irresponsible lie. I've already seen people on Facebook sharing this as proof that masks are dangerous, completely oblivious to the circular reasoning:
Those cops are just repeating the BS they heard on Facebook. It doesn't VALIDATE the BS on Facebook!

Last edited:
Reactions: zinfamous

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Ugh...

Both NY Post and that ignorant PD need to be sued for spreading this dangerous and irresponsible lie. I've already seen people on Facebook sharing this as proof that masks are dangerous, completely oblivious to the circular reasoning:
Those cops are just repeating the BS they heard in Facebook. It doesn't VALIDATE the BS on Facebook!

Seems a lot more likely the driver simply nodded off behind the wheel...

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I can't remember where I read or heard it, maybe here, but I recall someone explaining that while battling the virus he felt severe pain in his testicles. And there was discussion about why the reproductive organs like testes are getting hit.
Now that you mention it i do remember reading about that.

I agree, fast-track a study about COVID micropenis, you'll get a lot stronger compliance at that point.
Make it the lead story of every news outlet :eek:

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Some people are just flat out insane over the mask issue! I am tempted to ask them if they would like to die lying prone, on a respirator , naked, covered with a sheet with a tube inserted into their rump because they can’t control their bowels....and no family will be present to help them as they pass away. :(

Reactions: Muse and dingster1
Nov 8, 2012
Wife is starting to feel somewhat sick, but is absolute freaking out like she has it. Almost seems like a placebo effect.

Personally, based on how long it takes for symptoms to start showing, my philosophy is that everyone in the house would already be infected at this point.

What says AT on that? Should we try to quarantine from each other and the kids?