• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Noctua NH-D15 memory clearance?

TitusTroy

Dec 17, 2005
I'm gathering parts for a new Zen 2/Zen 3 build...the Noctua NH-D15 was my first choice in terms of CPU cooler but I'm not sure if my memory will fit...I want to get the G.Skill TridentZ Neo which is said to have a height of ~45mm...according to the Noctua NH-D15 specs it shows a max clearance of 32mm...but I've seen other people say it'll fit...anyone have any first hand knowledge about this?

if I can't get the NH-D15 anyone have any other recommendations

UsandThem

Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
Noctua's sites shows the clearance in single fan, and double fan installs:

You can move the backside fan up if needed as well (as long as you have enough clearance in your case).

You can also get the NH-D15S, and not really worry about adding a 2nd fan (or add a smaller 120mm fan if needed).

Reactions: Campy and TitusTroy

H T C

Nov 7, 2018
I'm gathering parts for a new Zen 2/Zen 3 build...the Noctua NH-D15 was my first choice in terms of CPU cooler but I'm not sure if my memory will fit...I want to get the G.Skill TridentZ Neo which is said to have a height of ~45mm...according to the Noctua NH-D15 specs it shows a max clearance of 32mm...but I've seen other people say it'll fit...anyone have any first hand knowledge about this?

if I can't get the NH-D15 anyone have any other recommendations
Use this link for the NH-D15: search for your motherboard and you should know if there are any compatibility issues.

You can also search for other Noctua cooler's compatibility here, and then search for your board.

TitusTroy

Dec 17, 2005
Use this link for the NH-D15: search for your motherboard and you should know if there are any compatibility issues.

You can also search for other Noctua cooler's compatibility here, and then search for your board.
my motherboard is not on that list...maybe because it's a newer board?...MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi

H T C

Nov 7, 2018
my motherboard is not on that list...maybe because it's a newer board?...MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi
That's a possibility: ofc it takes time for them to update for all motherboard's compatibility list.

You could always email Noctua and ask: maybe they have tested already but haven't updated the compatibility list, perhaps waiting to finish testing all the newer boards before updating? Or they haven't tested it yet ...

ASK THE COMMUNITY