Info Noctua Adds NH-D15S And NH-U9S To Chromax Black Lineup - Tom's

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/Noctua-turns-old-favorites-black

The traditional Noctua colors don't bother me at all, but for those who don't like that sexy brown. :p

Just like the other versions they've released in the past, the all black coolers are a $10 premium over the OG versions.

Db52antqvddSmeiLLd7pcT-1024-80.jpg.webp

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
i never understood black heat sinks.... they turn white over time from all the dust collection anyhow.

Reactions: Steltek

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
i never understood black heat sinks.... they turn white over time from all the dust collection anyhow.

I don't get any of the obsession with the color of components. I really don't care. I buy internal PC components for their functionality, not aesthetics.

Then again, I don't like LEDs, and PC cases with windows either.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I don't get any of the obsession with the color of components. I really don't care. I buy internal PC components for their functionality, not aesthetics.

Then again, I don't like LEDs, and PC cases with windows either.
I'm the same way, but more and more people seem to want RGB on everything, and the need to color coordinate their entire build.

Me, I just want my PC to be reliable, and to not hear it when it's on. :)

Reactions: Racan and Steltek
Nov 20, 2009
But isn't that a good thing? It forces you to know of the ugly dust situation and gets you off of your butt and grab the can of air and blast it pretty again.

Reactions: phillyman36

fluffmonster

Sep 29, 2006
Microparticles will get electrostatically stuck on the surface and a very thin layer will resist the gas-blast. Eventually as they build up, the color of the particles will stand out against black where it does not stand out nearly as much against metallic.

Nov 20, 2009
I think you are onto something. One should take their open case out to the driveway and use an air compressor at or above 150PSI with a thin nose ejector. Might strip the paint but it'll get that thin film off.

fluffmonster

Sep 29, 2006
I think you are onto something. One should take their open case out to the driveway and use an air compressor at or above 150PSI with a thin nose ejector. Might strip the paint but it'll get that thin film off.

I would just unmount it and wash it, and keep the paint. My case is windowless tho so in practice I just ignore it, except for the air now and again to blast the chunks off.