Noah's Ark owners sue insurance companies refusing to pay for flood damage

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
The had five insurers?

Sounds like they did not have faith in god protecting them to spend all that on so many. :p

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Flood damage on a boat that's supposed to be able to navigate raging stormy seas for a hunnert and ten days makes it look like the builder's expectations needs to be kicked up a notch or two.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Bah, damage to an access road.

Tickets to that place $75 for adults? Lol....

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Flood damage on a boat that's supposed to be able to navigate raging stormy seas for a hunnert and ten days makes it look like the builder's expectations needs to be kicked up a notch or two.
The boat / building was not damaged. The article in the OP:

Ark Encounter, which unveiled the 510-foot-long model in 2016, says that heavy rains in 2017 and 2018 caused a landslide on its access road, and its five insurance carriers refused to cover nearly $1 million in damages.

In a 77-page lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court, Ark Encounter asks for compensatory and punitive damages.

The ark itself was not damaged and the road has been rebuilt, according to the suit.

They really stretched to come up with that headline so it would be viral clickbait.

With that said, Ark Encounter is a fucking ridiculous boondoggle.

Reactions: tweaker2

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
This is a cock up of Titanic proportions. ;)

Mar 11, 2004
This couldn't be more funny if you tried.

If I were the insurance companies, I'd make sure "Act of God" appeared in literally every single sentence in all response to these clowns running this backwoods Bible bunker.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
irony.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm Christian and would have loved to visit that some day... but damn the irony is quite hilarious. Though you would think commercial insurance would cover acts of God. I always hated the fact that most insurance don't cover that, it kinda defeats the purpose of having insurance, lot of disasters are acts of God.

I guess the key to having flood coverage is to have a flood detection system, and have it catch on fire, then it just gets ruled as an electrical fire. :p

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I'm Christian and would have loved to visit that some day... but damn the irony is quite hilarious. Though you would think commercial insurance would cover acts of God. I always hated the fact that most insurance don't cover that, it kinda defeats the purpose of having insurance, lot of disasters are acts of God.

I guess the key to having flood coverage is to have a flood detection system, and have it catch on fire, then it just gets ruled as an electrical fire. :p
This couldn't be more funny if you tried.

If I were the insurance companies, I'd make sure "Act of God" appeared in literally every single sentence in all response to these clowns running this backwoods Bible bunker.

It bears repeating, apparently:

The boat / building was not damaged. The article in the OP:

Ark Encounter, which unveiled the 510-foot-long model in 2016, says that heavy rains in 2017 and 2018 caused a landslide on its access road, and its five insurance carriers refused to cover nearly $1 million in damages.

In a 77-page lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court, Ark Encounter asks for compensatory and punitive damages.

The ark itself was not damaged and the road has been rebuilt, according to the suit.

They really stretched to come up with that headline so it would be viral clickbait.

With that said, Ark Encounter is a fucking ridiculous boondoggle.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Actually that got me thinking, does insurance cover land features like roads and driveways, parking lots etc, or strictly structures? This does seem like an interesting case.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014

Hey, it's a great headline! This story has so many unintentionally intertwined angles that I can't stop laughing every time I think about it. I told my wife about it and she burst out laughing too. There's bible thumpers who love their God, a copy of Noah's Ark that they built, five(!) insurance companies, acts of God, by flooding, and damages to the land of Noah's owners by said God that the insurance companies refuse to pay out for.

ETA: Christians believe that God sends them signs to tell them what to so, like save all babies so they can possibly be put to death later when they kill someone as an adult. Maybe God is a real good businessman and he's performing Acts of Flooding to get them to improve the access roads to the ark? This way God gets the improved access roads to the ark and the party responsible for improvements pays for the work.

God is telling them to be responsible and run a good business! :D

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Ken Hamm and his evangelical cohorts never fail to crack me up, ironing of the highest order for sure. Well of course they're suing, it's not like that monument to fundie stupidity is making money from people visiting. Way to go Kentucky taxpayers; you were led by the nose into demonstrating why there is a crucial need for a seperation of church and state (as if we needed more reasons).

That whole thing is so ridiculous and predicated on such bullshit part of me is a little surprised it's not a Trump property.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
Hey, it's a great headline! This story has so many unintentionally intertwined angles that I can't stop laughing every time I think about it. I told my wife about it and she burst out laughing too. There's bible thumpers who love their God, a copy of Noah's Ark that they built, five(!) insurance companies, acts of God, by flooding, and damages to the land of Noah's owners by said God that the insurance companies refuse to pay out for.

ETA: Christians believe that God sends them signs to tell them what to so, like save all babies so they can possibly be put to death later when they kill someone as an adult. Maybe God is a real good businessman and he's performing Acts of Flooding to get them to improve the access roads to the ark? This way God gets the improved access roads to the ark and the party responsible for improvements pays for the work.

God is telling them to be responsible and run a good business! :D

Based on it being Kentucky, I'd guess this is more God trying to end abomination of a bunch of half-human half animal creatures due you know, them fucking the animals (they figure that if 3 is a devil's triangle then 2 by 2 is God's way).

Mar 11, 2004

I'm sure you would, but keep in mind this is Kentucky where they especially like their guns, and I can only imagine what they'd do with a pale redhead Canadian boy. The movie Deliverance comes to mind.