Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You don't think it was all show, that they had agreed to a public request and a public no, just so he could say he tried?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
You don't think it was all show, that they had agreed to a public request and a public no, just so he could say he tried?

Show or not, it can't be good for his credibility considering what he said back in 2000 that America needs to strong-arm OPEC to let the oil flow.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Dari

Show or not, it can't be good for his credibility considering what he said back in 2000 that America needs to strong-arm OPEC to let the oil flow.

That was before he broke our arm in Iraq.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
As world oil prices rise faster than the American dollar is falling, it shows that even the US friendly Saudis supposedly in Bush camp will let greed stand in the way of loyalty. My take is that a Shia dominated Iraq is an unmitigated disaster for the Saudis. Iraq is a gift that keeps giving and giving. Sort of like a STD shared among former friends.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

Maybe he just needs to be a little bit tougher

http://www.politico.com/blogs/...onger_be_a_cartel.html

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Maybe he didn't slip the Saudi King enough tongue this time...

You mean Freedom Kissing?

I was under the impression that the pair was already way past heavy petting, given the confident hand-holding.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Aimster
oil prices are not up because of low production

Which makes Bush's request a joke and hence my first post.

But they're a cartel. If it was open competition, supply would meet demand.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

No, supply meets ability to pay.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

supply is actually exceeding demand atm, which is the odd thing. :D

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Bush reminded me of a crack user pleading with his dealer for 'just a little bit more, I can pay later, I promise "

But don't worry
They are going to stop putting oil in the reserves.
Can't wait till they pass out the free thimble full of gasoline we will all get from that .

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

supply is actually exceeding demand atm, which is the odd thing. :D

The speculator/trader market has determined over the past 3-4 years that the supply/demand economics do not have to apply.

Until that commodity market is forced to take losses on their speculation, the equation will not balance.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
BoomerD is right. This HAS to be a sex thing between them. :D

PS. What happens in Saudi Arabia stays in Saudi Arabia...

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Originally posted by: sportage

I really would LOVE to know who wears the burqa in THAT relationship!

*boom TSK*

Edit: OK, now I'm seeing imagery of Barbara Bush Sr. in a vinyl outfit holding a cattle-whip. This thread is going places. Sexy geriatric places.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
And yet the US has/will sign a deal with Saudi to help them with peaceful nuke program. Yep, US is getting raw-dogged again.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Originally posted by: Skoorb
And yet the US has/will sign a deal with Saudi to help them with peaceful nuke program. Yep, US is getting raw-dogged again.

They're the "good" towel-hea... *cough* I mean steadfast allies in the Middle East.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Much adoo has already been made on this thread with the hand holding and kissing between GWB and the Saudi royal family. But maybe its time to realize that the Saudi royal family is also making goo goo eyes at those Chinese and Indians. Playing hard to get is always a constant theme of martial discontent. The grass is always greener is a constant in human hopes.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: fallout man
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Maybe he didn't slip the Saudi King enough tongue this time...

You mean Freedom Kissing?

I was under the impression that the pair was already way past heavy petting, given the confident hand-holding.
"Freedom Kissing." I love it. :laugh:

Originally posted by: sportage

All lubed up with some of that good old bubblin' crude.

Why should they lower prices by increasing the supply? Record prices means record revenues. They know that we can't really do anything. "Oh yeah, what're you going to do, stop buying from us?" If you control the supply completely, there's not much that the buyer can do to persuade you. Ok, let's just attack them and take the oil. Right, it's working so well in Iraq, I'm sure it'll be a breeze in Saudi Arabia. Lower our consumption? I think some people here would sooner go to war than do that. Lowering consumption means the terrorists win!

OokiiNeko

Jun 14, 2003
The speculator/trader market has determined over the past 3-4 years that the supply/demand economics do not have to apply.
As is pointed out in the other thread, not too long ago it was "refining capacity" that was driving prices up.
Before that it was a miscalculation of how much winter blend to make.
The excuses just keep on comin`.

They know that we can't really do anything.
So, so wrong. There`s plenty we are able to do. But since we keep electing big oil cronies, none of that stuff within our technological capability is gonna get done.

Given that this is a geek forum, it is ASTONISHING what some of you parrot.
:(