No Wi-fi but got a router. how

gammaray

Jul 30, 2006
sorry, i wasn't precise enough, i mean how do i find the internet password? not the router settings...

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
sorry, i wasn't precise enough, i mean how do i find the internet password? not the router settings...

Your ISP (internet service provider)?

I really have no idea what you mean by "find the internet password". Are you talking about what the wifi password is on your wireless router?

gammaray

Jul 30, 2006
i'm asking the password of the internet connection with a wire, one from the modem to the router and one from the router to the pcs. it's neither wireless or wi-fi

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
i'm asking the password of the internet connection with a wire, one from the modem to the router and one from the router to the pcs. it's neither wireless or wi-fi

That would be from your ISP, and entered into your modem (I guess you are calling your modem a router). If not, please give us the name and model number of what you have so we can figure it out.

After you enter the username/password into the router, and configure the connection type (provided by your ISP), it should automatically connect to the internet when you plug in the network cable.

gammaray

Jul 30, 2006
There is a modem (from the ISP) and there is a router. From the router goes 3 wires into pcs. (ethernet cables i guess)
The computers ARE connected to the internet, i just wanna know the password.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
There is a modem (from the ISP) and there is a router. From the router goes 3 wires into pcs. (ethernet cables i guess)
The computers ARE connected to the internet, i just wanna know the password.

The password for the router will be in the manual (or on the bottom). Routers usually come with a default username/password, which you access by entering an IP address in your browser bar. You might need to set your modem to use pass-through mode or something similar so the router can work properly. That's what I had to do with my modem and my router.

Like I asked before, what is the model number of what you have? I don't mean to sound rude, but you seem to be making this a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
There are Many ISPs and different way they deal with authentication.

Also many type Modem Modem/Routers etc.

So, if you guess how to log in to my connection I'll to guess how you should deal with yours.

:cool:

gammaray

Jul 30, 2006
i used to know how to find it easily many years ago, i simply forgot what i used to do. It's a tp-link. I understand what you are telling me to do, i'll try it.