No Video Signal when plugged into receiver

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Put together the htpc, installed updates and decided it was worth is first voyage with my home theater. Plugged the pc via hdmi to my receiver, yamaha rxv-467, and I get no video signal. Decided to bypass receiver, plugged it into my hdmi and I get a video signal. I'm not sure what other settings I need to do. On my receiver, the lcd screen says decoder off, which from what I understand, means the receiver doesn't know the pc's connected. any suggestions would be awesome right now. took the day off to get this going lol.

nellieboy

Dec 3, 2012
hi could i ask how you got it to work . i have exactly same issue with my setup asuus board and i3 processor.thanks neil

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
hi could i ask how you got it to work . i have exactly same issue with my setup asuus board and i3 processor.thanks neil

Well it was definitely user error on my part so I dunno how much it would help you. When I plugged in my hdmi cable, I saw 3 others plugged in, so naturally, I thought the input would be hdmi 4. Upon inspecting the rear of my receiver, the the label on the port actually said hdmi 3, so I changed the input to 3 and I got an image and sound. lol my bad. I read somewhere that you should install AC3 if you haven't because sometimes the receiver won't recognize the handshake due to audio. I did that too just in case. Sorry man.