No tax cuts for Isabel damaged houses........

colonel

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
I remember during Clinton adm, they used to have tax cuts and relief programs for these people. Also the president himself used to go there and cheer up these folks. Well, looks this president only want to cheer up the top of the cream in the country.:disgust:

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: colonel
I remember during Clinton adm, they used to have tax cuts and relief programs for these people. Also the president himself used to go there and cheer up these folks. Well, looks this president only want to cheer up the top of the cream in the country.:disgust:

I do beleive the worse hit by Isabel have already been declared a disaster area, which lets federal funds become available for help.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
There are relief programs. It's too soon to be thinking about tax cuts.

What have you been smoking?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: XZeroII
There are relief programs. It's too soon to be thinking about tax cuts.

What have you been smoking?

I dont think there have ever been tax cuts for disaster areas.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Hmmm, someone in the Administration read AT?

Bush to Inspect Hurricane Damage in Va.

President Bush (news - web sites) has chosen Virginia, a state where 17 deaths have been blamed on Hurricane Isabel and thousands of residents are still without power, to get a briefing on storm damage and recovery efforts.

Bush travels to Richmond on Monday to visit an emergency operations center at the Virginia State Police Academy and participate in a video conference with emergency management officials and governors from some of the most impacted states

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it. Won't see him outside. I'm sure he was told by his Re-election committee that opponents would say he is using the Natural Disaster to get Election publicity photos if he ventured outside to survey the damage.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001

Bush would probably say "I already gave you 2 tax cuts so quit your b!tchin'":beer:

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Why in the hell would you get a tax cut on damaged property ? The homes will be repaired shortly. If the home was a total loss, your local tax assessor could make pro-rata deductions for the time the house was demolished until rebuilt if the time frame was substantial enough to warrant it.

When did the fed start taxing you on your home anyway ?

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
Tax cuts? That doesn't even make sense. FEMA will be writing checks like nobody's business all this and next week. When you hear an area designated as a "federal disaster" it authorizes FEMA to take control and spend tax dollars on destroyed homes. They write checks like it's a hobby. I live in FL and I know peeps personally that have gotten big FEMA checks for very little damage. It's almost like a campaign arm of the pres..."here's your check and remember, Bush luvz ya!!"

Tax cuts indeed!

Gravity

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: tallest1

Bush would probably say "I already gave you 2 tax cuts so quit your b!tchin'":beer:

Bush, or you?