No sound with my Leadtek WinFast TV2000XP

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Hi, i just bought this tv tuner (Leadtek WinFast TV2000XP Deluxe) and i got it all hooked up and i've got tv showing up nicely on my computer, but i can't seem to get any sound. The sound works fine for everything else not related to the tv tuner. Any ideas? I have the sound cable connected directly to my sound card as explained in the manual.

- i'm running winxp pro
- Hercules Game Theatre XP sound
- Creative DTT 5.1

If you need anymore info let me know.
thanks for any help.

farmercal

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
Okay when you have the TV up and running you will have a console to control the TV. On the console you will see a button with a picture of a wrench. Click on that button and you will have a mini screen with Video and Audio device selection menu. Try a different audio device with the pull down menu. I currently have two "Ligitech Microphone and Aureal Audio." Try this and let me know if you get audio. I have been using mine for 6 months now with no problems.

kingmike

Sep 8, 2000
check and make sure audio in is not muted and the volume slider is at a acceptable level.

oko

Oct 15, 2002
Disable Norton Antivirus "msn messanger" option if you are running Norton Antivirus.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Farmercal, i tried what you said and the only thing that works is "gametheatre xp 6.1" for audio device and "aux" for audio out control line. I get sound, but in the background there's this terrible monotone base sound. Any way to get rid of that? "aux" is the only thing that will work, but i can't stand that bass in the background.

I had to completely turn down the subwoofer to get rid of that background noise. This card is awesome. I love the remote. Thanks for your help guys.