No seriously, where the hell is the skirmish mode in Starcraft 2?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
right around the time I was finally getting accustomed to the previous change.

Can someone explain to me why it takes 20 seconds for the menus to pop up when I select an AI skirmish in StarCraft 2?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Wait never mind, I just realized thats AI ranking for some sort of bullshit ladder.

Where the fuck is my skirmish?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
So far, not good. The last one was wildly different but had some improvements. Once you got used to it things were fairly simple to find.
Now its a mess, most of the categories on the main page make no sense. I cannot find a basic skirmish mode. Am playing the AI ladder right now and hoping it will lead to something fruitful.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
What UI? Microsoft hasn't done anything with my XP. Same start menu as always.
Paint is still the same.
So's Chrome.
404, revamped UI not found.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Why?

Aint nobody here gonna fix the game. It dont matter.
God dammit I hate Blizzard.

That should be my title, but you cant put god damn in the title.

Well it helps with searching in case some other jamoke wants to create a thread on the new Starcraft 2 UI, which I would have to inevitably lock.

Nobody gives a crap about us lowly moderators though. :(

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Haha, SC2 was too hard for me. I died quite abruptly when I tried playing. :(

I am terrible at strategy games now.

KT

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Haha, SC2 was too hard for me. I died quite abruptly when I tried playing. :(

I am terrible at strategy games now.

KT

Well, under the old menu system you could set up an AI game with the enemy taking a 50 percent hit in resources and playing like a moron.
Anybody with two working fingers can beat that.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Well, under the old menu system you could set up an AI game with the enemy taking a 50 percent hit in resources and playing like a moron.

I have two working fingers.

KT

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Wait so now you can't do that or is it more difficult to find?

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I hate the changes. Even prior to this it wasn't intuitive to select what you wanted.

The new UI is even worse. I'm so glad I just really liked the campaign and only played a handful of online matches with a friend.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
As far as I can tell making a custom game and then only adding AI makes it Skirmish, but I only played with it for 5 minutes so not sure.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
As far as I can tell making a custom game and then only adding AI makes it Skirmish, but I only played with it for 5 minutes so not sure.

I just tried to figure out how to set up a 1 on 1 against the computer since I only had about 15 mins to play... I could only figure out how to do 1 v 2 and it wouldn't let me even remove an AI player... I mean wth? Wasted 15 minutes just trying to figure out how to even set something up... what a huge waste of time.

They should have an interface exactly like SC1 and if you want to play all this stupid crap they try to force you into, then use that option.

EDIT:

Actually it looks like I just had to let the game finish downloading because I tried browsing Blizzard Maps before but it would never populate. Now that it did, it's close... I can get 1v1 but what if I did want to do 1v2? I shouldn't have to leave the screen just to get a 2nd A.I. Just let me add and remove A.I up to max, what's the problem here?

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
All right, I found it, buried under custom games.
And they fucked it all up. When I did 1v1 against the computer I was getting internet lag. Sons of bitches.