No/rare POST! MOBO or PS??

dkkruse

Jan 21, 2007
My build is about 2 months old and has been great until now. The other day, I hit the power button, got fans and LED's, but no POST screen or anything on the monitors. After various attempts to restart and check monitors, I got it to restart. Yesterday, same thing, I got it to start after a big fight, tried a software restart with no luck. Now I can't get it to roll over... Stats: PS: Corsair cx600 (>1 year old), MOBO Asus P8V77 LE with i53570. Video MSI 560 Ti..

dkkruse

Jan 21, 2007
Try with one stick of ram. make sure it's in the right slot for that configuration.

Thanks for the reply. OK, you lost me on that one. Do you think the RAM is bad?

Also, when the computer is powered on, I do not get lights on the USB Keyboard, but there is a blinking light on the network cable. Figure that one out. Ugh. I think I will try with a new higher power supply, just because that's a bunch easier to replace.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
There's lots of possibilities. A bad stick of ram, bad/failing power supply, bad/failing MB and, possible short. It's just easier to check the ram before going to all the trouble and time to check the rest of the possibilities.

dbailey

Nov 30, 2000
You might try to reset the cmos to defaults... and go with the above suggestions. If that doesn't help, you may try pulling the motherboard from the case and go with the minimum config, cpu, ram, video card to see if it boots. If all is well outside the case, then make sure you don't have any of those motherboard screw things touching parts of the motherboard where there is no hole for the screws.

dkkruse

Jan 21, 2007
Sorry for the big delay for all that were waiting, but the final answer was a reset of the BIOS and some patience. It turns out that the onboard LAN was bad and that needed to be replaced.