no post screen with 9800gt?

mentalcrisis00

Feb 18, 2006
I have a problem that is kind of an off and on thing. Sometimes when I reboot my computer my screen just flashes no signal until either the Winxp splash screen or the desktop. And then other times it will go threw the nvidia and asus post screen fine. Tried switching the monitor cable to the other DVI port and same result. Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it and my card runs fine otherwise.

Wouldn't complain usually but it is annoying and wondering if this might be a symptom of a larger problem? Just upgraded to an xfx 9800gt a couple weeks ago. The only thing I've done to the card is have rivatuner bring the fan speed from 30% to 47% on boot up otherwise the card gets to hot. Should I be worried about this or is it just something I'll have to live with?

UPDATE: ah think I fixed it, there's an option on my asus board to give boot priority to either PCI or PCI E and it was set to PCI.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I'm glad to hear that your problem was fixed simply. Sometimes I have the same problems with my 2 8800GTs in SLI. I have to push the card hard into the PCI-e slots and SLI is recognized. I think it's that my Asus P5N-D (750i SLI) just sucks. I won't skimp on a mobo ever again.:)

mentalcrisis00

Feb 18, 2006
well it still does it but not as frequently, and it doesn't seem to skip the motherboard post just the nvidia post. I reseated the card and did all that, it works fine otherwise so I guess I won't fool with it anymore.

Thanks for the opinions though

-Ray