No partying or extra marital sex at the World Cup

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Well if there is this much strong feelings about it everyone should boycott the WC in Qatar.

I'm guessing you can still watch on TV and Drink and Screw all you want from the privacy of your own home.

Or go to a sports bar of course they may not allow screwing there either, it distracts the other customers.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Well if there is this much strong feelings about it everyone should boycott the WC in Qatar.

I'm guessing you can still watch on TV and Drink and Screw all you want from the privacy of your own home.

Or go to a sports bar of course they may not allow screwing there either, it distracts the other customers.

IT's not just about this new policy, it's about a lot of shit that stinks in Qatar

Jul 27, 2020
Quickie during the commercials. :p
Quickies are more likely to make girl babies since most women won't reach orgasm in a few minutes.

an orgasm causes your vagina to become more alkaline. Fortunately for you, this shift in pH balance majorly favors male sperm, meaning they have a greater shot at actually reaching that egg and fertilizing it first.

And then there's all this science on baby sex selection!

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Also from what I read, Qatar is not a country that is into soccer. This was a pure money grab and absolutely nothing else.

Every country has it's issues but Qatar is super fucked up and they don't even really care about the sport itself.

Fuck FIFA.

Reactions: hal2kilo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Quickies are more likely to make girl babies since most women won't reach orgasm in a few minutes.

And then there's all this science on baby sex selection!

having worked in reproductive biology for some years; specifically with sperm....I find this to be a bit dubious when it comes to actual practice. Sperm is indeed very sensitive to pH, but I've never seen anything to suggest that different pH activates Y sperm at a different rate than it activates X sperm. In reality, it's the length of the oviduct that is generally more of a cryptic choice factor when it comes to fertilization.

It's one thing to test this all in a dish, out of the reproductive tract and a pile of disaggregated cumulous cells, and compile some neat numbers into a tidy little table. Now...actually do it

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
having worked in reproductive biology for some years; specifically with sperm....I find this to be a bit dubious when it comes to actual practice. Sperm is indeed very sensitive to pH, but I've never seen anything to suggest that different pH activates Y sperm at a different rate than it activates X sperm. In reality, it's the length of the oviduct that is generally more of a cryptic choice factor when it comes to fertilization.

It's one thing to test this all in a dish, out of the reproductive tract and a pile of disaggregated cumulous cells, and compile some neat numbers into a tidy little table. Now...actually do it

Might be interesting to see the sex breakdown of babies born through artificial insemination.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

That's what she said.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

yes, exactly....though fastest sperm is still very important. After all, it's the 5% or so fastest sperm that will get to the egg more efficiently than the other millions of sperm that lose out. After that, the egg pretty much chooses.

Some animal species also have cooperative sperm that "team up" into aggregate clumps of better-swimming sperm that will outcompete--often sperm from other males in populations that are highly promiscuous--when swimming around in the same oviduct over a night of multiple matings.