No online derby racing in GRID 2!!!!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Purple44, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Purple44

Purple44 Member

Here the shocker about the release of GRID 2, no online derby racing in GRID 2!!!! Can you believe Codemasters would let us down like this after screwing up figure 8 racing in DIRT Showdown? GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Please post your protest of Codemasters dropping GRID derby racing form GRID 2 in this thread I started over at Codemasters GRID 2 forum:

Can you believe it, no online derby racing in GRID 2!!!!

2. moonbogg

moonbogg Diamond Member

Looking forward to the game. GRID was one of my favorites.

3. Barfo

Barfo Lifer

Derby racing belongs in Dirt or some other game.

4. Purple44

Purple44 Member

Codemasters tried to put figure 8 racing in DIRT Showdown and screwed it up!!

Here part of what I posted:

"Showdown figure 8 racing is no where near GRID derby racing online!!!! Takes 10-12 players to have a rip roaring good time in GRID derby racing. Showdown only has 8 players or less!!!! Need to have 8 or 12 lap races. Showdown only has 5 laps and can not change the lap count!!!! In GRID you can wreck your car in a derby race, race is over, no first place for you. [​IMG] In Showdown, if wreck car, you respawn in a new car [​IMG], that not derby racing!!!!

Final point, you can't have a rip roaring good time in a GRID derby race online unless you have some good wreckers to make it a challenge to win a race. No reverse racing in showdown!!!! So where is GRID derby racing in DIRT Showdown?????????????????????????????????????????????????"

5. Dankk

Dankk Diamond Member

I understand your concern, but frankly - and this is my personal opinion - I'd rather they focus on improving the traditional race modes, instead of doing too many modes at once and all of them end up sucking.

They made this mistake with the DiRT series and kinda ruined an otherwise awesome franchise. I don't want them to ruin GRID too. (I know your response will be "But derby racing was already in GRID, so they wouldn't be adding anything new!" True, but it still felt secondary to the rest of the game. And besides, I'd much rather play Flatout for derby racing.)