No one will ever believe this...

MangoTBG

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
For over a month my laptop has been considered "fried". While trying to post it would flash to a dos prompt of "REMOVE UNSUPPORTED WIRELESS NIC..." thing was I had nothing plugged into the laptop.

Flash forward to two minutes ago, and out of no where the laptop turns on, mind you it was even closed. I started to hear a hissing sound, looked down at the laptop and it was on.

Well now? It boots fine! I'm trying to recover the hard drive with Acronis from a back up (I pulled the HDD after it failed and backed it up on my main rig, thankfully!)

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: MangoTBG
For over a month my laptop has been considered "fried". While trying to post it would flash to a dos prompt of "REMOVE UNSUPPORTED WIRELESS NIC..." thing was I had nothing plugged into the laptop.

Flash forward to two minutes ago, and out of no where the laptop turns on, mind you it was even closed. I started to hear a hissing sound, looked down at the laptop and it was on.

Well now? It boots fine! I'm trying to recover the hard drive with Acronis from a back up (I pulled the HDD after it failed and backed it up on my main rig, thankfully!)

MangoTBG

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by: ironwing
Originally posted by: MangoTBG