No one cares about "public servant" Ed Koch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gintaras

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
Are politicians public servants - or people are servants of politicians?

I don't really watch that much TV, but got tired about that crook(aren't politicians crooks?) Ed Koch...
2nd day is all about "how wonderful he's been"...He's not a rock star, or any other person - an actor...an artist...etc, that creates something good...

Why some people that flip-out, go to shoot children instead of politicians or lawyers?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Ed Koch's time was before most of P&Nrs were born.

He was a hell of a mayor of NYC when NYC needed a larger than life mayor. He was also a New Yorker through and through. He pissed off a lot of people on the left and right. Personally I thought he did a great job rescuing the city and should be remembered with respect (ie, ignore foolishness like the post immediately above this).

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Ed Koch's time was before most of P&Nrs were born.

He was a hell of a mayor of NYC when NYC needed a larger than life mayor. He was also a New Yorker through and through. He pissed off a lot of people on the left and right. Personally I thought he did a great job rescuing the city and should be remembered with respect (ie, ignore foolishness like the post immediately above this).

There were things I liked about him and things I disliked about him. He was his own man and kept it real. Pulled New York out of the doldrums.

Gintaras

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
I wonder, why politicians think, they're so special?
Why JFK airport..or La Guardia? Why not Steve Ray Vaughn...or Jimi Hendrix or Tommy Bolin airport? Maybe Marilyn Monroe..or Elizabeth Taylor...at least?

What's so important about politicians?

I like, that poles, at least named their Warsaw airport after Chopin...not some "Lech Wałęsa International Airport"...

Do we need some Ed Koch, Rudolf Giuliani streets?

And...George Bush Street in Iraq would sound like Adolph Hitler Street in Israel...

Criminals & Corruption gets more attention than music, arts...etc...

Wouldn't it sound better: "Flight from Jimi Hendrix(NYC) to John Lennon(London)?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I wonder, why politicians think, they're so special?
Why JFK airport..or La Guardia? Why not Steve Ray Vaughn...or Jimi Hendrix or Tommy Bolin airport? Maybe Marilyn Monroe..or Elizabeth Taylor...at least?

What's so important about politicians?

I like, that poles, at least named their Warsaw airport after Chopin...not some "Lech Wałęsa International Airport"...

Do we need some Ed Koch, Rudolf Giuliani streets?

And...George Bush Street in Iraq would sound like Adolph Hitler Street in Israel...

Criminals & Corruption gets more attention than music, arts...etc...

Wouldn't it sound better: "Flight from Jimi Hendrix(NYC) to John Lennon(London)?

Well in this country it's all about either who paid for it, or who convinced everyone else to pay for it.

Gintaras

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
Well in this country it's all about either who paid for it, or who convinced everyone else to pay for it.

Politicians can make money by racketeering citizens, it's called TAX...
When Mafia racketeer citizens and something happens to one of those, who paid $$$ to mafia - it's taken care, laws there are strict...
In case of politicians - your money paid to them - TAX - doesn't mean a lot to them....some can't even fix the roads you drive...criminals that assault you released next day...

What do you think, which mafia is better for people? Legal or Illegal(by means of today's life)?

Status
Not open for further replies.