No offense to you Oregonans or anything,

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: DougK62
You're on the west coast. People are just rude out there. I love going to Oregon to hike, but the people are huge asses.

You are an idiot, where do you live?

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: shortylickens
In the 6 months I've been here I have noticed an exceedingly bad habit most of you seem to share and I dont even think anybody realizes they are doing it.

Interrupting.
Important conversations. Friendly chats. Work issues. Deep, one on one romantic sharing. You folks do it almost constantly.
And I certainly dont think anybody is trying to be rude. I think its not even noticed consciously when you do it. I think its just the way you grew up and overall you are nice people. Only an outsider would even realize it.

Anyway, thanks for taking me in and making me feel welcome, just try not talk over me or interrupt me too much. Especially on those extremely rare occasions when I actually have something important to say.

/rant

P.S. GO DUCKS!

teach em how to pump thier own gas. that will keep them busier;)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: m1ldslide1
Lived in Oregonia now for like 20 years, and I haven't noticed the problem you are describing. Maybe that's the point. But yeah, I've spent time all over the country, and I think you're making generalizations based upon the 10 people you've met. "I even went to Portland once". Sheesh. I don't know why you would even try to draw this conclusion.
Inthe past 6 months I've had conversations with about 100 people here in Oregon.

Now that your ignorance is corrected, please be quiet and go away.

Haha, you're right. The 100 people you've met definitely means my living here for over two decades is insignificant in comparison. Pardon my ignorance...
You made a stupid comment with no experience of any significance to back it up. I pooter on your paltry six months. You be quiet and go away, like, back to whatever state you came from :p
No.
The 2 decades you have here means you cannot possibly be objective.
100 people is NOT "no experience of any significance".
And I will not pardon your ignorance when it is coupled with extreme stupidity and irrational thought.
You choose to be fucked up. You cant blame that on society or your parents. Thats all you.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: buck
You're on the west coast. People are just rude out there. I love going to Oregon to hike, but the people are huge asses.

I grew up in the south and the midwest. I guess I'm just used to common courtesies like people looking you in the eyes when speaking, employees greeting you when you walk into their stores, etc.

Maybe it's just Portland, but I always get the general feeling when I'm out there that people just think their poop doesn't stink.

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005
Here is something... say in the summer I want to take my girl to the beach, which is best? Ive been to canon beach and its wonderful, any others? Whats a good place for a sunset?

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005

I grew up in the south and the midwest. I guess I'm just used to common courtesies like people looking you in the eyes when speaking, employees greeting you when you walk into their stores, etc.

Maybe it's just Portland, but I always get the general feeling when I'm out there that people just think their poop doesn't stink.

its you....

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: swtethan

its you....

I grew up in FL and lived in Cincinnati and DC in my college years. The PNW is the nicest place out of those on the whole. There will always be the exceptions. BTW, I was trying to be funny with that idiot comment.. ;)

crt1530

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2001
You haven't figured out how to spell OREGONIAN after six months of living here? Maybe you stutter or are really boring and people don't want to hear you talk so they decide to interrupt.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Oregonians
There is no such state as Oregonia. Its Oregon.
Also, there is no state named Floridia either. Ergo there are no Floridians.
The state is named Florida. The people living there are Floridans.

And finally, yes, I am an asshole. From assholia (AKA, New York).

Better then how Phoenix people call themselves Phoenicians.

crt1530

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2001
Oregonians

Let me phrase this in your native tongue:

Yous an idiot!

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Oregonians

So where are Canadians from? Canadia?

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Jeff7181
Oregonians

oh damn!!!

moded.

anyways, that exchange made me super lol here @ work.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002

google Oregonan

go ahead, i double dare ya

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Lived in Oregonia now for like 20 years, and I haven't noticed the problem you are describing. Maybe that's the point. But yeah, I've spent time all over the country, and I think you're making generalizations based upon the 10 people you've met. "I even went to Portland once". Sheesh. I don't know why you would even try to draw this conclusion.
Inthe past 6 months I've had conversations with about 100 people here in Oregon.

Now that your ignorance is corrected, please be quiet and go away.

Haha, you're right. The 100 people you've met definitely means my living here for over two decades is insignificant in comparison. Pardon my ignorance...
You made a stupid comment with no experience of any significance to back it up. I pooter on your paltry six months. You be quiet and go away, like, back to whatever state you came from :p
No.
The 2 decades you have here means you cannot possibly be objective.
100 people is NOT "no experience of any significance".
And I will not pardon your ignorance when it is coupled with extreme stupidity and irrational thought.
You choose to be ****** up. You cant blame that on society or your parents. Thats all you.

Sorry, I thought my extreme stupidity, subjectivity and irrational thought would be very appropriate for a thread declaring an entire region rude based on your visit here. In other words, I'll spell it out:

"Oregonans are rude and disrespectful" = subjective, irrational, and therefore stupid (and misspelled, although the ignorance of this oversight pales in comparison to the thesis).

Now it's your turn to say "im not dumb, yur a dumb and its yur own falt cuz yur" and then I cut you off because I'm from Oregonan and am rude and disrespectful. ;)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Jeff7181
Oregonians

Kanuckistan.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
We're at the Oregon coast, any recommendations for seafood in the Newport/Lincoln City area?

eshtog

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2001
Go to a place called Kyllo's by D-river in Lincoln City, awesome place! And while your down there buy the new construction house I have listed on Ebb ave. in Lincoln City, lol jk ;)