no no no no no!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Radiohead
You do NOT wear white socks with dark pants and black shoes... that's such a fashion faux pas!

D@mn inept coworker of mine :frown:
Does it matter?
It is after all clothing that protects you from the environment.

My gf complaints about the way I dress, and I have made a few compromises for her. But, just to let you know that I have no problem attracting women with out the need to be fashion conscience.

The brutal true is that, every thing is fine as long as you are clean & presentable.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: djheater
Or black socks with shorts.

Or socks with sandals.

Or conflicting stripes.
I wear socks with sandals & women still hit on me and want to date me even after I told them that I have a gf.

There is nothing wrong with socks & sandals.

:p

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: MistaTastyCakes
You do NOT wear white socks with dark pants and black shoes... that's such a fashion faux pas!

D@mn inept coworker of mine :frown:

Shouldn't you be working rather than obsessing over some man's feet, weirdo? :p

I can't help it! It's my fetish, I LOVE FEET :p

We share an office here so the dude sits right across from me.
Whenever he crosses his legs, his pant legs rise half way up his shin, showing those BEAMING WHITE SOCKS on black shoes in all their glory!

So annoying...
Stop looking at another guy legs & crotch then.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Funny, when I bought a bunch of (dark colored) shorts recently every single woman I talked to (g/f, two female roommates, and my sister) specifically instructed me that I was NOT to wear the shorts until I had white socks to wear with them (all I had before was black).

Yes, I own dark shoes.

I would be much more inclined to believe their advice than a bunch of geeks on ATOT.

Viper GTS

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Funny, when I bought a bunch of (dark colored) shorts recently every single woman I talked to (g/f, two female roommates, and my sister) specifically instructed me that I was NOT to wear the shorts until I had white socks to wear with them (all I had before was black).

Yes, I own dark shoes.

I would be much more inclined to believe their advice than a bunch of geeks on ATOT.

Viper GTS

Um, that's dark shorts... not dark pants. Big difference.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

Yes, I own dark shoes.

Viper GTS

Um, that's dark shorts... not dark pants. Big difference.

Yep. Shorts are a completely different ballgame. You want to wear white Tennis shoes with white socks for the most part. It really depends... but I have a pretty good eye thanks to my mother.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
There's an old russian proverb which holds true even to this day:

At meeting you are judged by your clothes; at parting you are judged by your wits.

Whether you choose to accept that or not is fine, but just keep in mind that if you're going to participate in social interaction with other humans, be prepared for being criticized about how you look whether you place value on your appearance or not. It is not until communication is initiated and established that people will look past your outward appearance and treat you for who you are.