no no no no no!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Radiohead
You do NOT wear white socks with dark pants and black shoes... that's such a fashion faux pas!

D@mn inept coworker of mine :frown:
I did that yesterday. I didn't have any clean dark socks.

jurzdevil

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002
You do NOT wear white socks with dark pants and black shoes... that's such a fashion faux pas!

why do you care???

any sane person can see that fashion is the least important thing in the entire f***ing world.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: jurzdevil

why do you care???

any sane person can see that fashion is the least important thing in the entire f***ing world.
Like it matters if some pudgy Computer Dweeb has fashion sense as they usualy look like ass no matter what they wear!

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Ah, true sign of a nerd: Making excuses to dress like a retard/slob.

"Wahh, my socks aren't absorbent enough!"
"Wahh, my dark socks are dirty!"
"Wahh, it was my only clean shirt!"
"Wahh, I don't care that I look like I raided the special ed laundry room!"

Do your laundry, go to the doctor for your excessive body excretion problems, and learn how to mesh properly into normal society, and THEN you can start whining about how you can't get girls. Got it?

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
And Dear God, Women, if you are going to wear a dress/skirt without hose, please for the love of life, SHAVE YOUR LEGS!

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac
Ah, true sign of a nerd: Making excuses to dress like a retard/slob.

"Wahh, my socks aren't absorbent enough!"
"Wahh, my dark socks are dirty!"
"Wahh, it was my only clean shirt!"
"Wahh, I don't care that I look like I raided the special ed laundry room!"

Do your laundry, go to the doctor for your excessive body excretion problems, and learn how to mesh properly into normal society, and THEN you can start whining about how you can't get girls. Got it?

Ah true signs of a loser

"you...you...you...You's a NEEEERRRRD!"

-Ed

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
"any sane person can see that fashion is the least important thing in the entire f***ing world."

yep... and then, like amnesiac said, you wonder how come girls never even look at you.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
dude chilll at least he isnt wearing shorts and black dress socks with dress shoes...or sandals...

Radiohead

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2001
I write damn as d@mn because I think it looks uber cool that way!!!

& fashion is important because it's a vain world. You are perceive by others by your appearance.
If I see you in some raggedy shirt & pants, then I'll give you a quarter for food or something.
If I see you with white socks & black pants, then I'll laugh at you.

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001

& fashion is important because it's a vain world. You are perceive by others by your appearance.
If I see you in some raggedy shirt & pants, then I'll give you a quarter for food or something.

At least he can change socks. You on the other hand can't change your face. For that I'll laugh at you.

-Ed

SolarisGuru

Jul 28, 2003
How can anybody wear white socks with work attire? The days of socially retarded computer geeks tucked far away in a corner so as not to upset clientele is over. If you think you do not have to dress appropriate at work and only special occasions then I say that when you move out of your parents? basement and talk to a girl that you do not have to first give your credit card number too then you will understand.

bootymac

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2001

Any sane person wouldn't walk around looking like a total retard...

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
All of this over socks - you people need to get a life. I've never seen people get so worked up of something so minuscule.

I've never owned a pair of black shoes or black pants, just brown shoes similar to this, and khaki pants with my nice white socks ;) I have no need for black socks, so I guess that's why I don't care what color socks you wear. Hell, if anything, I'd be blasting you for wearing highwaters that expose your socks. ;)

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
Originally posted by: edro13
Originally posted by: Kev
or with sandals for that matter

Bahaha! A friend of mine does that.... God... I hate when people wera socks with sandals....
lamo! i Thought of the exact same person! who incidentally owes me money :frown:

jurzdevil

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002

it wouldnt be a vain world if you werent here. you could have helped by not noticing someone's appearance or by keeping your fashion ideas to yourself.

you probably looked at the guy and instantly thought yourself better than him because he is wearing white socks.

so if you see me in a raggedy shirt and pants then you'll give me quarter, well i'll turn around and shove that quarter up your @ss ("uber cool")
what if i work a job that requires manual labor and getting dirty. your simple motto "You are perceived by others by your appearance" does not hold up. i could be a hard worker going home or something and you instantly judge them as poor and try to fulfill your ego by giving me a quarter and trying to proove yourself better than me.

i think i will wear black pants and white socks until i meet you so you will laugh at me and then we will se what happens.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999

I do that all the time. In fact, I only have white socks.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN

same here, i own nothing but white socks

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: yobarman
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN

same here, i own nothing but white socks

lol..same here....

why not eh?..it gives that retro micheal jackson look (the old and coool micheal jackson from the 80's..not late 90's/00's )

LakAttack

Oct 29, 2002
Wow, and I thought there weren't any women on OT. . .

Wait, you are MEN talking about what is and isn't a "fashion faux pas?" Sad.

;)

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
While I agree that it is pretty asthetically ugly and I would never do it because of my own social hangups...do you really care what your co-worker does? If he is happy with it...then who cares.