No G20 threads?

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
I saw some windows getting smashed at the Royal Bank of Scotland building on the news, and apparently the protesters are being held there indefinately. I personally don't agree with most of the things they're saying but I might go along anyway just to fight cops.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: Atheus
I saw some windows getting smashed at the Royal Bank of Scotland building on the news, and apparently the protesters are being held there indefinately. I personally don't agree with most of the things they're saying but I might go along anyway just to fight cops.

Thats a bit wierd, I've been on a few protests in London (some that turned nasty) and I dont see the point of that.

If you just want to fight with cops then you could do it any Friday night. :confused:

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

I don't think that usually works out well. ;)

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Well, the cops aren't really responsible for this mess, so they probably want to just get through their shift and go home.

If I was in a group of cops with rubber-bullet guns and nobody had fired yet, I have to say I'd be the guy who pulls the trigger first and then it becomes a firing range. Like in a movie, as soon as one guy starts, it all goes to hell. I'd be that guy.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Well, the cops aren't really responsible for this mess, so they probably want to just get through their shift and go home.

If I was in a group of cops with rubber-bullet guns and nobody had fired yet, I have to say I'd be the guy who pulls the trigger first and then it becomes a firing range. Like in a movie, as soon as one guy starts, it all goes to hell. I'd be that guy.

Actually all the Met riot police I've met (socialy and at protests) seem to 'up for a rumble'.

Edit: Not that that excuses violence on any side.

Edit again: And it will have to go right to shit before they use rubber bullets.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Originally posted by: WelshBloke

Thats a bit wierd, I've been on a few protests in London (some that turned nasty) and I dont see the point of that.

If you just want to fight with cops then you could do it any Friday night. :confused:

Ah but on an average friday night you don't have any backup ;)

I was half joking about going just to fight cops, but I do think it is worthwhile to support the lines of protesters against the police just on general principal, even if you don't actually want to string the bankers up from the lampposts. We all have the right to move through the city as we want but the police try to suppress that.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: WelshBloke

Ah but on an average friday night you don't have any backup ;)

I was half joking about going just to fight cops, but I do think it is worthwhile to support the lines of protesters against the police just on general principal, even if you don't actually want to string the bankers up from the lampposts. We all have the right to move through the city as we want but the police try to suppress that.

Fair enough.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Well I should have been working there today, in the Halifax/Bank of Scotland @ 33 Broad St., right at the heart of the action. I bill by the day, so they opted to not have me in when so many of the other staff working with me are off.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero
Well I should have been working there today, in the Halifax/Bank of Scotland @ 33 Broad St., right at the heart of the action. I bill by the day, so they opted to not have me in when so many of the other staff working with me are off.

Wow - what do you do exactly? How does it feel to know there are people who want you up againt a wall when the revolution comes?

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
I'm shocked that the Limbaugh parrots haven't piped up about the fact that Obama's bringing a contingent of hundreds of people with him.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Looks like the British basically shit upon Obama by having him meet their inbred, racist royal family.

Anyone else watch it? Their retarded, racist, inbred Duke of Edinburgh (the inbred queen's husband) asked Obama if he could even tell the difference between the Chinese and Russians PMs.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Because most of P&N doesnt want to talk about people protesting and rioting over Obama?

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero

Wow - what do you do exactly? How does it feel to know there are people who want you up againt a wall when the revolution comes?

I work for BMC Software. I'm hardly a target for these people.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
Looks like the British basically shit upon Obama by having him meet their inbred, racist royal family.

Anyone else watch it? Their retarded, racist, inbred Duke of Edinburgh (the inbred queen's husband) asked Obama if he could even tell the difference between the Chinese and Russians PMs.

Every single one of your post has to deal with European racism. Why?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: Dari

I think its a sex thing. He fantasizes about being debased by upper class English Gents.

He should have gone to an English Public school really. ;)

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
My guess is that everything went so right and well for Pres. Obama and his wife, that his detractors couldn't find a single thing to bitch and whine about.:D

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari

They don't. Why would it matter anyways? Trying to silence the warnings of the future genocide?

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
the rage and anger liberal protesters are getting plenty coverage on the obama cheerleader networks.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: tweaker2
My guess is that everything went so right and well for Pres. Obama and his wife, that his detractors couldn't find a single thing to bitch and whine about.:D

yup and stocks took off to prove it.

Thank god bush it out of office.... Sheesh, what a joke that asshole was.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Originally posted by: ericlp
Originally posted by: tweaker2

yup and stocks took off to prove it.

Thank god bush it out of office.... Sheesh, what a joke that asshole was.

Yep.. Obama has fixed all the world's problems. Great guy he is.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Well, nice to know you finally have something good to say about him! :p