No Fireworks For Some US Military Bases

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
Reading comprehension fail!

You made a statement that Americans aren't realizing the affects of sequestration because it doesn't affect them. I countered that maybe its because they agree with the cuts, I then used a similar example where people agree with what's being done (abortion restriction laws) and then I agreed with your premise that people only care when it affects them.

Where or how the fuck you came up with all the other shit I have no idea but straw men arguments seem to be a common tactic used by righty retards;)

You make many assumptions when you post. I think unloosing the phrase "Righty retard" pretty much sums up your agenda as well. I notice you are often apt to use the term Straw Men on a very predictable basis. The use of that phrase in particular is a common tactic of the lefty retards. It would also be a false judgement to assume I'm left or right because I'm neither and I consider hard lining for either side as a wasted effort and a distraction from the real problems this country faces.

Most Americans are also making a lot of assumptions about what sequestration is doing without really knowing the facts....that's my point. Cutting the electricity to a military base would most likely be considered a bit extreme to the average person. That's a bit more extreme than not having a fireworks display for the fourth. Again, my point.

Many folks think they know all about the military but really don't know what is actually happening....again, just making assumptions without any first hand experience or knowledge. All I know is servicemen are often working in the dark, cold or hot dependent on the time of year. Considering all the other sacrifices these folks make....It's truly disgraceful.

Although it's really apples to Oranges I'll concede to your comparison of abortion and cutting basic needs for the military...I guess?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
You make many assumptions when you post. I think unloosing the phrase "Righty retard" pretty much sums up your agenda as well. I notice you are often apt to use the term Straw Men on a very predictable basis. The use of that phrase in particular is a common tactic of the lefty retards. It would also be a false judgement to assume I'm left or right because I'm neither and I consider hard lining for either side as a wasted effort and a distraction from the real problems this country faces.

Most Americans are also making a lot of assumptions about what sequestration is doing without really knowing the facts....that's my point. Cutting the electricity to a military base would most likely be considered a bit extreme to the average person. That's a bit more extreme than not having a fireworks display for the fourth. Again, my point.

Many folks think they know all about the military but really don't know what is actually happening....again, just making assumptions without any first hand experience or knowledge. All I know is servicemen are often working in the dark, cold or hot dependent on the time of year. Considering all the other sacrifices these folks make....It's truly disgraceful.

Although it's really apples to Oranges I'll concede to your comparison of abortion and cutting basic needs for the military...I guess?

This. He isn't here to debate. On the streets he would get his ass kicked so he comes on here acting like a toughguy but even on here he gets owned all the time.

It's nice to see him exposed for the anti-American he is.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
This. He isn't here to debate. On the streets he would get his ass kicked so he comes on here acting like a toughguy but even on here he gets owned all the time.

It's nice to see him exposed for the anti-American he is.

It's too bad you had to sit and post here all day yesterday, instead of gong outside showing your appreciation to a vet

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Hey as soon as obama goes on more vacation days then bush I will complain but last I checked no president has came close as he spent 32% of his days, over 1,000, on vacation.

The difference is that when Bush went on vacation, he went back to his home, not on expensive foreign vacations.

Also, just because Bush did it, that makes it OK for Obama to do it?

'grats on being a moron!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

You must have a hard life seeing as you always play the victim and everyone is always attacking you...you the unbiased and morally good person that you are.

I get your fucking point and I elaborated on it, you attacked me because, apparently, you are too stupid to comprehend what people write. You then complain when called out on it. Pull your head out of your ass and stop playing the victim and maybe you would realize not everyone is attacking you.

When you have the forum joke chiming in with his cheerleader comments it should be a clue to you that something is amiss;)

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Were talking about US Veterans. Does the government really need to spend $100 Million for obama to go to Africa?

No, and they dont need to spend money on fireworks either. Both are trivial things that should be purchased through the private sector as they offer no benefit to the society that would ultimately pay for them. I had to buy my own fireworks AND pay for the military base too.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I remember when I was a kid having a hissy fit when I didn't get to see fireworks. I think I was four or five.

Insignificant's post makes sense now.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I don't remember ever having fireworks at any base I served at from 1978 to 1990. There were always fireworks displays in the surrounding cities (Norfolk, Va Beach, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Charleston, North Chicago, Boston.............)

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
No, and they dont need to spend money on fireworks either. Both are trivial things that should be purchased through the private sector as they offer no benefit to the society that would ultimately pay for them. I had to buy my own fireworks AND pay for the military base too.

Morale of soldiers and their families is worth the price. Just a tiny sense of community makes a military base suck just that much less to live on. Here at Lewis they had a big festival with vendors and rides.

Base life is really shitty so keeping families happy keeps soldiers more effective.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
You must have a hard life seeing as you always play the victim and everyone is always attacking you...you the unbiased and morally good person that you are.

I get your fucking point and I elaborated on it, you attacked me because, apparently, you are too stupid to comprehend what people write. You then complain when called out on it. Pull your head out of your ass and stop playing the victim and maybe you would realize not everyone is attacking you.

When you have the forum joke chiming in with his cheerleader comments it should be a clue to you that something is amiss;)

The problem with any "discussion" with you is you choose to selectively answer only those issues that suit you and ignore the rest. When you get called out for that you turn to insults and judgement.

Go back through all of the posts that you've created and take an objective look and then tell me I'm wrong.

Your acting like an insulting self righteous asshole doesn't make you any more correct on any given subject. If that was your version of elaborating a point then I think your delivery was off. You never really just give your opinion you just dance around the subject at hand in order to drive arguments. If that fails you just resort to calling someone a "righty".

I don't know what the fuck your victim rant is about as you are soundly wrong and what's even more important...I don't care.

Thanks for the rare compliment though; I do try to live a morale and unbiased life although as evidenced by my unfortunate interaction with you I'm not always successful.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Some US Military bases won't be having any fireworks due to budget cuts from the sequester.

It's because you support Islamic extremists. That's why our soldiers can't have nice things.

Why do you support Islamic extremists?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The problem with any "discussion" with you is you choose to selectively answer only those issues that suit you and ignore the rest. When you get called out for that you turn to insults and judgement.

Go back through all of the posts that you've created and take an objective look and then tell me I'm wrong.

Your acting like an insulting self righteous asshole doesn't make you any more correct on any given subject. If that was your version of elaborating a point then I think your delivery was off. You never really just give your opinion you just dance around the subject at hand in order to drive arguments. If that fails you just resort to calling someone a "righty".

I don't know what the fuck your victim rant is about as you are soundly wrong and what's even more important...I don't care.

Thanks for the rare compliment though; I do try to live a morale and unbiased life although as evidenced by my unfortunate interaction with you I'm not always successful.

What's your address? I'd like to send you a mirror.

In the post I responded to, yours, I addresses both points you made. Would you like to show me other posts I've made where I refused or danced around answering questions? Let me guess, "go search yourself, I'm tired and going to bed" will be your response.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Im sure these guys can put $5 each into a pot for some damn fireworks.

Does the Government REALLY need to sponsor a firework's display for them? I thought this would fall under your list of trivial things that tax payers are paying for.

sorta like Obamas 100Millon dollar vacation of Africa or the 20-40,000 oil paintings of dept heads of federal agencies.

yea lets stop tours of the white house and fire works on military bases instead that is so much more logical.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Morale of soldiers and their families is worth the price. Just a tiny sense of community makes a military base suck just that much less to live on. Here at Lewis they had a big festival with vendors and rides.

Base life is really shitty so keeping families happy keeps soldiers more effective.

this 100% the best and i mean the best fireworks show i saw was on Hahn Air base Germany (1992?). it was the last year the base was going to have one due to it closing. it was a grand finale for a solid hour. the Germans loved our annual independance firework show and it was great for the local village by the extra marks it pumped in to the economy.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

we attack and hate you because you are a partisan hack troll that only sees one side, its your way or you are a retard. you come in here acting like a tough guy bitch but in reality you are just a bitch. sorry but your post suck.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
What's your address? I'd like to send you a mirror.

In the post I responded to, yours, I addresses both points you made. Would you like to show me other posts I've made where I refused or danced around answering questions? Let me guess, "go search yourself, I'm tired and going to bed" will be your response.

The mirror would be fashioned to reflect only your views. I live in Guam, a majorly different time zone...can I sleep. Is that alright with you?

Please don't correspond with me anymore. You're not worth the wasted effort of trying to have a grown up conversation.

No, I'm not going to do research for you either. You know it's the reality of the situation. You're not man enough to accept you might just be wrong.

Last edited:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Seriously? Who cares? It's not like the people on Fort Bragg can't just turn their heads and watch the Fayetville, NC fireworks show.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is because the Military if full of conservatives and O'Bamma wants to punish Conservatives for opposing his plans. How dare they disobey the king of the universe? You do remember how O'Bammah said he would punish his opponents during the election dont you? He meant it. The Government can just print more money when it is something the democrats want to do.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The mirror would be fashioned to reflect only your views. I live in Guam, a majorly different time zone...can I sleep. Is that alright with you?

Please don't correspond with me anymore. You're not worth the wasted effort of trying to have a grown up conversation.

No, I'm not going to do research for you either. You know it's the reality of the situation. You're not man enough to accept you might just be wrong.

Lol! That's what I thought.

You are just another turd whose job is subsidized by Americans. Enjoy your US government job you hack!

Lol I'll also note the quote I made was from a response you gave to another poster about an hour ago. So not only are you a hack but you are a lair as well.

Oh and since my original post said the same thing yours said and you think I'm wrong that also means you are wrong as well.
Good night moron:D

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
we attack and hate you because you are a partisan hack troll that only sees one side, its your way or you are a retard. you come in here acting like a tough guy bitch but in reality you are just a bitch. sorry but your post suck.

Is that so? What's my side and what's my way?

I only see one person using the word hate and acting like an Internet tough guy and it's not me.

Oh, oh, I'm sorry was that me attacking you again, I wouldn't want to hurt your mamsy pamsy feelings. God forbid someone posts a differing point of view than yours. IRONICALLY MY VIEW AND POINT WAS NO DIFFERENT THAN THE ONE I RESPONDED TO!

Lol! Fucking idiots!

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
Lol! That's what I thought.

You are just another turd whose job is subsidized by Americans. Enjoy your US government job you hack!

You just can't resist....so predictable.

I am a veteran; I guess the military pension I earned makes me a turd in your eyes. Last time I checked I'm an American. I suppose you've served your country in some way and are now contributing to society in some way that is bigger than yourself?

Apparently I'm a liar as well because I made a comment in another thread and didn't acknowledge that in this thread. What I said in the other thread applies in this one as well. it's an internet discussion forum. I'm not researching the obvious for you or the other forum member. I'm not writing a paper I am trying to engage in conversation. Unfortunately, there is no means of doing that with you.

More importantly, I am concerned about our troops and their welfare. Not about the fireworks (which I don't actually give a shit about) but about those issues that matter to them and this country. Not once did I hear your opinion of the OPs original concern or what I've brought up. As is your normal behavior and methods you've just stirred the pot for your own trolling objectives and ended with insults.

I guess that not only makes me a hack but an accurate observer of how I was sure you would end this conversation. I'll end knowing I'm the better man by taking the higher ground. Hopefully that's not too moral or righteous of me for your liking or opinion as you stated earlier.

I have no doubt that you're an intelligent person. It's really too bad you can't channel you emotions to communicate without the constant arguments and name calling which in fact paint you as rather the opposite of intelligent.

Happy trolling, arguing, whatever it is that you do....

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'll stop responding knowing that your generation and the garbage they brought upon this earth will soon be gone and the following generations will finally be able to clean up the shit mess you left.

You called me out on a bogus claim and you don't have balls to back it up, thats pretty much your M.O., if that's being the better man then the title is all yours, I don't want that crap.