No Fireworks For Some US Military Bases

Apr 27, 2012
Some US Military bases won't be having any fireworks due to budget cuts from the sequester.

Independence Day celebrations have been canceled at the Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base and at the Army’s Fort Bragg, both in North Carolina. The annual July Fourth celebration also has been scrapped at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Ga.
How is this even possible? The government is wasting billions of dollars yet can't find the money for fireworks. Is this how they treat the soldiers who serve their country?

We can spend $100 million for obama to go to Africa but not $100,000 for the fireworks? Billions in foreign aid yet these guys get the cut. This should never have happened and the money should have been taken out of other areas in order to pay for the fireworks.

Should the fireworks for some US Military bases have been cancelled? Should the government have taken money out of other areas in order to pay for the fireworks?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...97bd0e-e283-11e2-aef3-339619eab080_story.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...shadowing-agenda-obama-heads-africa/?page=all

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Hmmm firing small flaming projectiles around live ammunition.

What could go wrong. :p

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Some US Military bases won't be having any fireworks due to budget cuts from the sequester.

How is this even possible? The government is wasting billions of dollars yet can't find the money for fireworks. Is this how they treat the soldiers who serve their country?

We can spend $100 million for obama to go to Africa but not $100,000 for the fireworks? Billions in foreign aid yet these guys get the cut. This should never have happened and the money should have been taken out of other areas in order to pay for the fireworks.

Should the fireworks for some US Military bases have been cancelled? Should the government have taken money out of other areas in order to pay for the fireworks?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...97bd0e-e283-11e2-aef3-339619eab080_story.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...shadowing-agenda-obama-heads-africa/?page=all

Under sequestration, they can't take money from another area to pay for something else, without Congressional approval.

But this is just the military trying to drum up sympathy so they can protect their enormously bloated budget in the future.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
I am sure the sappers can use some C4 and roll their own. Would be more spectacular anyway.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
25mascot_t607_zpscfe33a72.jpeg

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Im sure these guys can put $5 each into a pot for some damn fireworks.

Does the Government REALLY need to sponsor a firework's display for them? I thought this would fall under your list of trivial things that tax payers are paying for.

Apr 27, 2012

Does the Government REALLY need to sponsor a firework's display for them? I thought this would fall under your list of trivial things that tax payers are paying for.

Were talking about US Veterans. Does the government really need to spend $100 Million for obama to go to Africa?

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Seriously, you are mad that we don't have to front tax dollars for colored explosions over an army base? I've got dummies all around me right now blowing stuff up. Waste of resources IMO.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Were talking about US Veterans. Does the government really need to spend $100 Million for obama to go to Africa?

Hey as soon as obama goes on more vacation days then bush I will complain but last I checked no president has came close as he spent 32% of his days, over 1,000, on vacation.

Dec 10, 2005
cupofrage.jpg

You want them to spend more money? What's wrong with you? Why do you want to continue to drive the out-of-control military budget higher with spending for fireworks?

What if that cost for fireworks came out of armorer vehicle budget? Less properly armored vehicles in war zones puts troops at greater risk. Why do you hate America? Why do you hate our troops?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Whats there to celebrate exactly? Our freedoms are shit, our big cities are blighted, our economy is shit or constitution is toilet paper. None should spend money on symbolism until we clean house.

Oh and 100m trip to africa was because USA is losing all it's business in the fastest growing economy in the world, africa, to Chinese and Europeans. i.e. doing shit.

Last edited:

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Hey as soon as obama goes on more vacation days then bush I will complain but last I checked no president has came close as he spent 32% of his days, over 1,000, on vacation.

Hell, at this point we should be glad Bush spent so many days on vacation, and wish Obama would beat Bush in that department. It is much cheaper, and our civil liberties are better off that way.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
How about lights, heat and air conditioning being turned....off? Those are being cut off at most bases a few days a month. How about grounding planes and deeming entire brigades not combat ready...is that alright too?

Sequestration is no big deal unless you are directly impacted. What the average American isn't realizing is how it IS affecting their military as a whole.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010

These guys are already putting money in the hat to pay for paper, toilet paper... basic provisions to function. What else should they pay for out of their own pockets....fireworks excluded? Should they pay their airfare to deploy forward? What else...are "these guys" expected to pay for? What other "trivial" items should we include?

Last edited:

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
i think it's a step in the right direction.... it's NOT a glory position to be a soldier..

a soldier is a killer... i think the world is taking a step in the right direction when we stop treating these animals like gods... let them live like animals they are...

dont give me crap, they knew what they signed up for, the coward life.

lets see i can stay in my country and have a family, ADVANCE HUMANITY, or i can go kill some moslems!!! FUCK YEA!!

but but they pay me!!!

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
i think it's a step in the right direction.... it's NOT a glory position to be a soldier..

a soldier is a killer... i think the world is taking a step in the right direction when we stop treating these animals like gods... let them live like animals they are...

dont give me crap, they knew what they signed up for, the coward life.

I hope you're trolling.....they are "animals"... really?

If not, you're seriously misinformed. Not about the glory statement, in that regard you are correct....everything else, not so much. Are you so much better than these soldiers? Do you think they have no families and spend all day killing "moslems" (as you spelled it)? How exactly are you advancing shit beyond your hate and misinformation?

Last edited:

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
I hope you're trolling.....they are "animals"... really?

If not, you're seriously misinformed. Not about the glory statement, in that regard you are correct....everything else, not so much. Are you so much better than these soldiers? Do you think they have no families and spend all day killing "moslems" (as you spelled it)? How exactly are you advancing shit beyond your hate and misinformation?

by not killing? not participating in an effort to kill? imagine if the whole world did it.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
by not killing? not participating in an effort to kill? imagine if the whole world did it.

Well keep imagining John Lennon....It's really not that simple and the world isn't going to play along. :rolleyes:

I find your original post very insulting for myself and all the veterans on here and your response incredibly simple minded. Have you ever served anyone but yourself? I asked how you thought you were better and I get the typical response I expected. Who's trying to glorify themselves here?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
How about lights, heat and air conditioning being turned....off? Those are being cut off at most bases a few days a month. How about grounding planes and deeming entire brigades not combat ready...is that alright too?

Sequestration is no big deal unless you are directly impacted. What the average American isn't realizing is how it IS affecting their military as a whole.

If you think the military is bloated, over used, and a drain on human society wouldn't the above be a good thing?

The same logic is used with regards to the abortion issue where many states are making it difficult for women to use or be able to access various medical clinics and their services.

People who don't support the right to choose are perfectly happy with the current situation and I don't hear any sympathy from them or their supporters.

But you are right, people only care if it affects them directly. This shouldn't be news to you.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
If you think the military is bloated, over used, and a drain on human society wouldn't the above be a good thing?

The same logic is used with regards to the abortion issue where many states are making it difficult for women to use or be able to access various medical clinics and their services.

People who don't support the right to choose are perfectly happy with the current situation and I don't hear any sympathy from them or their supporters.

But you are right, people only care if it affects them directly. This shouldn't be news to you.

You're comparing abortion clinics to the military not functioning? I never once said the military is "over used" or a drain on society. That may be your opinion but certainly not mine.

So this is OK with you? It's OK that prisoners are taken care of better than those in the military? Should we just abolish the military? Wouldn't that affect everyone? I'd be interested to know how that would work out.

You're trying to incite an argument rather than discussion which is the norm with you as shown in the last line of your post. If you have nothing relevant to share in terms of discussion then just go away.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You're comparing abortion clinics to the military not functioning? I never once said the military is "over used" or a drain on society. That may be your opinion but certainly not mine.

So this is OK with you? It's OK that prisoners are taken care of better than those in the military? Should we just abolish the military? Wouldn't that affect everyone? I'd be interested to know how that would work out.

You're trying to incite an argument rather than discussion which is the norm with you as shown in the last line of your post. If you have nothing relevant to share in terms of discussion then just go away.

Reading comprehension fail!

You made a statement that Americans aren't realizing the affects of sequestration because it doesn't affect them. I countered that maybe its because they agree with the cuts, I then used a similar example where people agree with what's being done (abortion restriction laws) and then I agreed with your premise that people only care when it affects them.

Where or how the fuck you came up with all the other shit I have no idea but straw men arguments seem to be a common tactic used by righty retards;)