No Breaks for "Mr. Danger": Chavez wins re-election by LANDSLIDE

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Vic
Personally, I don't care how Venezuela chooses to run itself. My issue is with people who say America is evil and Chavez is great. I wonder if they ever ask themselves how they would like to live under Chavez? Probably not.

I am under the same opinion. If that is what they want, that is what they get. However it irritates me to see the apologists come out in force and tell us what wonderful people he and his cronies are.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
Wootness!!!

Actually I'm not as big a Chavez fan as I once was, but I still like anything that stands against America.
This and this alone is why I'm here in this thread. I would not have posted in this thread if not for this post. Being a non-interventionist, I could not care who Venezuela chooses to elect as their president. I do care about the people who live in this country, however, and I don't like authoritarians who pretend to be liberals.

Hating yourself is fine. Go ahead. But hating your entire country and national identity because you're in denial of the fact that you hate yourself is IMO the pinnacle of selfishness. Fsck. you.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Genx87
Personally, I don't care how Venezuela chooses to run itself. My issue is with people who say America is evil and Chavez is great. I wonder if they ever ask themselves how they would like to live under Chavez? Probably not.

I am under the same opinion. If that is what they want, that is what they get. However it irritates me to see the apologists come out in force and tell us what wonderful people he and his cronies are.

Care to provide some actual links finally as to how he is terrible?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
Sure, I'll bite.
I would vote for him, I think he has some great ideas how to bring some equality back into the corporate corrupt mess of a society we have where the rich have far more wealth then they need.
Okay.... so when Chavez censors the media, that's fine with you and you'd like to see similar actions here in the US? You like that he doesn't allow demonstrations? That he nationalized the major industry, and then fired 18,000 union workers because the union didn't back him to his satisfaction? And then that he replaced those workers with ones from a new union which he created?
Oh yeah, that sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

edit to your usual edit:
Lesse:

Healthcare for all?Check.

Massive profits going back to the workers instead of a few rich elites? Check

Education for all people and knowledge of political system, even the poor? Check.

Firm stance on terrorism but responsible on not creating more terrorism in combating it? Check.
So what you're saying is that it's alright to bribe the majority at the expense of the minority in order to stay in power? :roll:

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Sure, I'll bite.
I would vote for him, I think he has some great ideas how to bring some equality back into the corporate corrupt mess of a society we have where the rich have far more wealth then they need.
Okay.... so when Chavez censors the media, that's fine with you and you'd like to see similar actions here in the US? You like that he doesn't allow demonstrations? That he nationalized the major industry, and then fired 18,000 union workers because the union didn't back him to his satisfaction? And then that he replaced those workers with ones from a new union which he created?
Oh yeah, that sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

BS. none of these are true excpet last night he shut down the US media channel that was inciting a coup. (they did it in 2002 also)

And provide me a link to him not permitting demonstrations, from what I understand the constitution would not allow it.

I don't buy it, you have been found to be spouting right wing talking points based on little fact enough times on this subject.

These people at oil company had a strike and were mainly the ones who helped kidnap and the coup against the president, I feel about 0% pity for them, although I see no proof at all that they were laid of, only management.

May 16, 2000
Wootness!!!

Actually I'm not as big a Chavez fan as I once was, but I still like anything that stands against America.
This and this alone is why I'm here in this thread. I would not have posted in this thread if not for this post. Being a non-interventionist, I could not care who Venezuela chooses to elect as their president. I do care about the people who live in this country, however, and I don't like authoritarians who pretend to be liberals.

Hating yourself is fine. Go ahead. But hating your entire country and national identity because you're in denial of the fact that you hate yourself is IMO the pinnacle of selfishness. Fsck. you.

HAHAHAHA. Ummm dude, you're an idiot. If you choose to blindly accept the negative with the positive, go for it. I do not. I seek change. Not perfection, but always progress. America has issues and I want to see those issues improved. One way to improve things here is to get other nations that won't roll over and take it in the rear from american corporations. Not only is it good for america to be told to go to hell (or rather for our government and corporate rulers to be told to go to hell), but it's great for other nations as well. It helps them develop on their own, establish their own identities, etc. Is Chavez going to fix everything in Ven? Nope, but he's making progress. Is he gonna stop america's global ambitions? Nope, but he's gonna at least try to keep us out of his country. And why do I not hate myself? Because I work diligently to enact change here, and to raise awareness of the negative things our country has done. I also support positive change in other nations when and where I can, even if it's minor or comes at a cost.

Every day just try to make things a little better. That's the best we can do.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Sure, I'll bite.

BS. none of these are true excpet last night he shut down the US media channel that was inciting a coup. (they did it in 2002 also)

And provide me a link to him not permitting demonstrations, from what I understand the constitution would not allow it.

I don't buy it, you have been found to be spouting right wing talking points based on little fact enough times on this subject.

So Telemundo was trying to incite a coup? I didn't know Super Bla-blazo was such a threat to national security.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Sure, I'll bite.

Oh yeah, wiki is such a right wing source

STFU moron. All you do is spout idiotic ultra-left rhetoric and conspiracy theories and then accuse anyone to the right of Lenin as being a "right wing nutjob." :roll:

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Wootness!!!

This coming from someone who wants to tear down the whole "evil" government to put a libertarian system in place trashing all we have worked for.

Screw you Vic, you are so FOS, cry to someone who doesen't know your BS better.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Wootness!!!

HAHAHAHA. Ummm dude, you're an idiot. If you choose to blindly accept the negative with the positive, go for it. I do not. I seek change. Not perfection, but always progress. America has issues and I want to see those issues improved. One way to improve things here is to get other nations that won't roll over and take it in the rear from american corporations. Not only is it good for america to be told to go to hell (or rather for our government and corporate rulers to be told to go to hell), but it's great for other nations as well. It helps them develop on their own, establish their own identities, etc. Is Chavez going to fix everything in Ven? Nope, but he's making progress. Is he gonna stop america's global ambitions? Nope, but he's gonna at least try to keep us out of his country. And why do I not hate myself? Because I work diligently to enact change here, and to raise awareness of the negative things our country has done. I also support positive change in other nations when and where I can, even if it's minor or comes at a cost.

What you seek is to selfishly change the world into the way YOU think it should be, with no accounting for the harm and consequences of doing so. You're not "enacting change," you're just par for the course among reactionaries, trying to fix the world because they don't know how to fix themselves. And don't call me an idiot when your entire political philosophy is based off the premise of 2 wrongs making a right. And learn to argue without using straw men, eh?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Wootness!!!

This coming from someone who wants to topple the whole "evil" government to put a libertarian system in place!

Screw you Vic, you are so FOS, cry to someone who doesen't know your BS better.

Would you like to explain to me how you can go from saying I support our current "evil" government in one post to saying that I want to topple in another?
There's just no lie or personal attack too low or too ridiculous for you to try to use against me, is there? Not as long as you can troll and distract, eh?

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004

STFU moron. All you do is spout idiotic ultra-left rhetoric and conspiracy theories and then accuse anyone to the right of Lenin as being a "right wing nutjob." :roll:

Oh yeah, WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU SEE ON THAT WIKI?

This article or section does not cite its references or sources.

Who is the moron now?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Sure, I'll bite.

Oh yeah, WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU SEE ON THAT WIKI?

This article or section does not cite its references or sources.

Who is the moron now?
Fixed and bolded because you edited to try to remove context. We're not discussing the accuracy of Wiki (although that tag at the top is because certain sections contain inappropriate citations, and not because the entire article is uncited, learn to read). We're discussing the fact that you said I was citing right-wing sources.

May 16, 2000
Wootness!!!

What you seek is to selfishly change the world into the way YOU think it should be, with no accounting for the harm and consequences of doing so. You're not "enacting change," you're just par for the course among reactionaries, trying to fix the world because they don't know how to fix themselves. And don't call me an idiot when your entire political philosophy is based off the premise of 2 wrongs making a right. And learn to argue without using straw men, eh?

Tell you what, I'll show you my debate trophies, you show me yours. I'll show you my history/poli-sci degree, you show me yours. After that we can continue your little tantrum. Or if you'd prefer we can get together at nationals or worlds...I'll be at both.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004

Would you like to explain to me how you can go from saying I support our current "evil" government in one post to saying that I want to topple in another?

Then why do you rant endlessly on how the basis of our society is flawed and we hsould inherently change, like I said, you are so FOS, quit pollouting this thread.

You can't pull the uber patriot crap with me when you are anti-american as you can get, I have YET to see a lefty say we should trash the whole system, but you libertarians cannot even comprehend how anyone else could think differently then your elitest ways, more libertarianism cultist crap, you wingnuts are all about overthrowing the system, how patriotic is that?

And dont feed me the BS of "no no we only want to get elected!" BS if you had full control you know you would gut the system and you know it unitl this country was unrecognizable. Go ahead and deny it. You would shape this country into YOUR vision, another utopian dreamer, this is why noone takes you libertarians seriously.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I love the rot rules of debate. :D

Insult, accuse, distract. Rinse. Repeat.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Wootness!!!

Tell you what, I'll show you my debate trophies, you show me yours. I'll show you my history/poli-sci degree, you show me yours. After that we can continue your little tantrum.

Heh. When all else fails, appeal to authority? :D

Dude, this is the internet. I have 10 doctorates and am a national champion debater. You didn't know?

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
From a cracker jack box maybe, more like from right-wing school for angry white oppressed by tax men though.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Then why do you rant endlessly on how the basis of our society is flawed and we hsould inherently change, like I said, you are so FOS, quit pollouting this thread.

You can't pull the uber patriot crap with me when you are anti-american as you can get, I have YET to see a lefty say we should trash the whole system, but you libertarians cannot even comprehend how anyone else could think differently then your elitest ways, more libertarianism cultist crap, you wingnuts are all about overthrowing the system, how patriotic is that?

And dont feed me the BS of "no no we only want to get elected!" BS if you had full control you know you would gut the system and you know it unitl this country was unrecognizable. Go ahead and deny it. You would shape this country into YOUR vision, another utopian dreamer, this is why noone takes you libertarians seriously.

I don't think our society is flawed and have never said so. I do think that you and your malcontent ilk, either left-wing or right-wing, are flawed, and say so here often.

And about this "libertarianism cultist crap" you speak of, I'm wondering how you can possibly justify that when the motto of those libertarians "wingnuts" is that the 5 most dangerous words in the English language are when knee-jerk reactionaries scream, "There oughta be a law!" :laugh:

May 16, 2000
Wootness!!!

Tell you what, I'll show you my debate trophies, you show me yours. I'll show you my history/poli-sci degree, you show me yours. After that we can continue your little tantrum.

Dude, this is the internet. I have 10 doctorates and am a national champion debater. You didn't know?

Oh I'm sorry you wanted some proof? Sure, why didn't you say so. I'll link you the results of the first tournament of this year (though not my best) because it's easily accessible. When they post the next blurb on us I'd be happy to forward that one too, since it has our wins and qualifier results.

Special, just for vic

You'll have to wait two weeks for me to link my graduation information, since that's when the semester ends. I'll also post pics from worlds and nationals if you're interested. There's actually some hotties that compete. :cool:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
From a cracker jack box maybe, more like from right-wing school for angry white oppressed by tax men though.
OMG! :laugh:

You know, I've been accused of giving you a shovel so that you can dig your own hole, but how could I possibly do that when you already brought your own backhoe?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Wootness!!!

Oh I'm sorry you wanted some proof? Sure, why didn't you say so. I'll link you the results of the first tournament of this year (though not my best) because it's easily accessible. When they post the next blurb on us I'd be happy to forward that one too, since it has our wins and qualifier results.

Special, just for vic

Apparently you decided to bring your own backhoe too.

May 16, 2000
Wootness!!!

Special, just for vic

Apparently you decided to bring your own backhoe too.

Sorry, that one went either over my head or under my radar.