No Audio Through HDMI after Windows 8

Discussion in 'SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs' started by DarthRevan, Nov 3, 2012.

1. DarthRevan

DarthRevan Senior member

Hey guys, after I installed Windows 8 on my HP Pavilion DV6 7014nr, sound is not working through HDMI when I plug my computer to my LG TV! What do you guys think should be causing this? Before, when I had Windows 7, everything worked perfectly!

2. PuppettMaster001

PuppettMaster001 Golden Member

Go to the Control Panel and Sounds to make sure that the HDMI sound device is set as default.

3. DarthRevan

DarthRevan Senior member

Yes, Windows recognizes the TV and sets it as the default output, but it simply doesn't work! And I click the "test" button, it gives me some kind of error, something like "unnable to test"...

4. MadScientist

MadScientist Platinum Member

#4 MadScientist, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  5. power_hour

power_hour Senior member

Open up Device Manager and look for any suspect or disabled devices. Drivers are usually the reason for this. You may have to uninstall the default and reinstall the latest from the vendor.

6. DarthRevan

DarthRevan Senior member

Went to HP's site and updated all drivers, BIOS and everything, still didn't work.
    It only worked when I went to Intel's site and downloaded their latest video drivers!

Thanks for the help guys!
    Everything is 100% now!