No arrest for Dubya during Africa trip, Zambia tells Amnesty Int'l to "go hang"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Lot of enemies of the rule of law and the morality against torture here.

Cry us a river.. oh wait, you just did.

You go after one former Pres, you open the door for the rest. Obama is an enemy of the rule of law and morality against torture. Obamacare is both unlawful and torture.

You want him hanged, go ahead and touch Bush.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003

You go after one former Pres, you open the door for the rest. Obama is an enemy of the rule of law and morality against torture. Obamacare is both unlawful and torture.

This oughta be good...

:hmm:

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Good. I'm glad people are calling out the worthless whiners at Amnesty International for what they are.

In this case, maybe. I don't object to the "arrest Dubya" comments because I hate Amnesty International on principle...I just think they're wrong on this particular issue.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
I used to take Amnesty International seriously. Unfortunately they now devote more of their effort to whining about how terrorists and serial killers on death row are treated than they do to real victims of oppression in places like Zimbabwe, China or Burma.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Obama hasn't taken war profiteering to the level bush and cheney did. Bush and Cheney waged a war in which they all sorts of conflicts of interest and in which some 100k civilians have been killed since the invasion.

Many sources will show that the war was pre-planned, and yet we went through so much trouble to fabricate evidence and pretend iraq was an imminent threat to us.

To make the subject easy, all you have to do is replace USA with any other country.

If china went over to some random country and made up reasons as to why they were doing it, killed tons of civilians in the process ( more than actual combatants ) we'd condemn their actions.

Right, just like Tibet!

So when will Obama be arrested? Expanded the Imperial American war effort and willfully violated the sovereignty of a peaceful nation. He's every bit the warmonger Bush was. Where's Code Pink?? Where's AI?? Nowhere because we all know the antiwar movement was never antiwar, it was antiBush due to Goreholes still being butthurt over Florida.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Cheering the choice to not enforce the law is being an enemy of the rule of law (unless there's a good reason, like not stoning a girl for sex, which has not been shown here).

Cheering the choice not to enforce the law involving torture, opposing accountability for the officials who order it to allow it, is being an enemy to the morality against torture.

It's addressed to the people who say 'great news, no accountability for breaking the law'.

If they wanted to make some argument the laws weren't broken so that's why they're in favor of this, ok, but they haven't made that argument. After a trial would be nice.

This is so far simply 'we don't care about torture laws, and cheer them being ignored'.

Who's law are you referring to?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Yet another inane post. Why don't you tell us to which other "military base outside the US" the prisoners would be transferred? Please inform us which host countries have consented to receive these prisoners?

Irrelevent to the post. The claim was that CONGRESS shut him down. That is patently false. Congress cannot stop him from performing his routine Constitutional duties as Commander and Chief.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zambia is only one nation out of 192 UN members, but now that an international war crimes indictment is outstanding against GWB and Blair, it only takes one country out of the remaining 191 to arrest GWB or Blair if they will gamble and continue to travel internationally.

And given the fact that national government change in policy over time, Zambia may also change its position,

Out of curiosity, do you have a link to the indictment?

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010

Perfect example of right winger who is pro bush, anti obama even on the exact same issues.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zambia is only one nation out of 192 UN members, but now that an international war crimes indictment is outstanding against GWB and Blair, it only takes one country out of the remaining 191 to arrest GWB or Blair if they will gamble and continue to travel internationally.

And given the fact that national government change in policy over time, Zambia may also change its position,

Link please.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I have asked for the link twice now. I am at the point where I doubt one exists.

I suspect he will link to that group of private citizens in southeast asia with no power or authority over anything.