NK removes seal

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Saw that this morning. I feel sorry for the North Koreans. These are people I'd take into my home if they came knocking.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
HAHAHA!!

How long have I said it (many of us have) that Kim has played the world for its bitch. He makes nukes, world says stop making nukes we'll give you food, he stops (but keeps the nukes), gets some money and stuffs, and now he'll start making them again and we'll rinse and repeat.

You have to laugh, you have to.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Time to send a Sniper. He can pull this crap for as long as he's alive and we'll just buckle everytime due to the threat he poses.

Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski
Time to send a Sniper. He can pull this crap for as long as he's alive and we'll just buckle everytime due to the threat he poses.

Unfortunately the people of NK are so enthralled with their "glorious leader" that such an event would probably have the opposite effect of liberation.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones

Unfortunately the people of NK are so enthralled with their "glorious leader" that such an event would probably have the opposite effect of liberation.

Sounds like the majority of the folks here that follow Bush, Rush, Hannity and the GOP's every words.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

It's worth a try, we should have taken out Saddam instead of war.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Sounds like the majority of the folks here that follow Bush, Rush, Hannity and the GOP's every words.

You know Dave any day you want to stop following their words you can turn off the radio and disconnect the secret Bush phone.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Budmantom

It's worth a try, we should have taken out Saddam instead of war.

That IS war, the difference is efficiency. :thumbsup: to the idea of doing it on the cheap instead of playing police force on the streets.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
WTF do you think will happen when you give into black mail?
It's a gold mine for north korea... the west keeps giving you money so long you keep restarting the nuclear plant.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000

I *really* doubt that - didn't they have a massive famine during the 90s?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: eleison
Originally posted by: lupi
Can't believe those people still haven't revolted.
can't revolt if you are dying of hunger..
How do you then explain the French Revolution?

The paradigm is that revolutions against extremely oppressive regimes ironically occur as the result of liberalization and reform of that regime. A totalitarian police state can very effectively suppress revolt. It is the loosing of bonds that gives the opportunity for revolt. Louis XVI's reforms allowed the revolution of 1789; Gorbachev's perestroika and glasnost presaged the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

Premier Kim is likely safe from internal challenge by the populace; his worries are external intervention or coup.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Skoorb
HAHAHA!!

How long have I said it (many of us have) that Kim has played the world for its bitch. He makes nukes, world says stop making nukes we'll give you food, he stops (but keeps the nukes), gets some money and stuffs, and now he'll start making them again and we'll rinse and repeat.

You have to laugh, you have to.

lol the world is his fiddle.

But srsly, what's the alternative?

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe
Originally posted by: eleison
Originally posted by: lupi
Can't believe those people still haven't revolted.
can't revolt if you are dying of hunger..
How do you then explain the French Revolution?

The paradigm is that revolutions against extremely oppressive regimes ironically occur as the result of liberalization and reform of that regime. A totalitarian police state can very effectively suppress revolt. It is the loosing of bonds that gives the opportunity for revolt. Louis XVI's reforms allowed the revolution of 1789; Gorbachev's perestroika and glasnost presaged the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

Premier Kim is likely safe from internal challenge by the populace; his worries are external intervention or coup.

I don't even think the french were this hungry.

They are literally emaciated. Think yellow ethiopian.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
The article says: "North Korea had agreed to disable the Yongbyon nuclear complex by October in exchange for a pledge from the U.S. to lift some sanctions and remove North Korea from a list of countries that sponsor terrorism."

Now I know US has not removed North Korea from the list of countries that sponsor terrorism despite saying it would. What about sanctions? Has they been lifted? Honest question, I don't know.

However, if those sanctions have not been lifted, then I'm really not surprised NK resumed nuclear program. It's a tit for tat. NK started dismantling its nuclear program. If the US did not follow up on the agreement, what do you honestly expect any country would do if the other side baked down?

Hopefully someone can provide reliable facts, rather than jumping to "I told you so" conclusions.