Nissan 350Z + Stillen + Supercharger = 70 more HP :-)

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
when i first saw this car, i thought it was a lexus sc430 upon first glance. i didnt realize it was the z car until i saw the "z" on the side.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Body kits are supposed to make the car look better, not worse

Gotta agree with ya on that one.

But I love the supercharger!

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I'd argue that I've never seen a good-looking aftermarket body kit for any car

lupohki

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Looks like it'll require a bubble hood ... there goes the clean lines *blech*.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman

Gotta agree with ya on that one.

But I love the supercharger!

Hood still needs some work, though. It almost looks American with a roots style blower sticking through the hood :)

flot

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Stillen has had a supercharger for the maxima for a while, and the overall concensus is that "it sucks" - I haven't paid too much attention, but my understanding is that the guys in the maxima forums have had nothing but problems with stillen superchargers.

I'm still holding out for the factory to come up with some flavor of faster Z... that new infinity SUV is supposed to have a 300+ HP V8.. how cool would a tuned up version of THAT be...

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: flot
Stillen has had a supercharger for the maxima for a while, and the overall concensus is that "it sucks" - I haven't paid too much attention, but my understanding is that the guys in the maxima forums have had nothing but problems with stillen superchargers.

I'm still holding out for the factory to come up with some flavor of faster Z... that new infinity SUV is supposed to have a 300+ HP V8.. how cool would a tuned up version of THAT be...
A Z with an 8 cylinder is not a Z.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
When does Nissan's own 350Z Twin Turbo come out? :D

At least give us the T-tops again...

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
t-tops on that would be bad ass... as would a factory blown model... though the VQ35 doesn't seem the ideal engine for that

Dhruv

May 15, 2001
Man that 350Z is one BAAAD car.

I saw it in the mall the other day. Holy shiet its a beauty.

whats it got 280 bhp? V6 RWD(best part IMO this suckers prime for mods)

But a S/C that only gives 70 hp? that BLOWS. It should give at least 100 hp. Jackson racing s/c's for hondas give approx. 40% gain in hp. Thats on 4 cylinders. If jackson racing ever made a s/c for this car i'm sure it'd be over 110 hp gain.

personally though, i'd go for a turbo with this puppy.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Dhruv

But a S/C that only gives 70 hp? that BLOWS. It should give at least 100 hp. Jackson racing s/c's for hondas give approx. 40% gain in hp. Thats on 4 cylinders. If jackson racing ever made a s/c for this car i'm sure it'd be over 110 hp gain.

First of all, this kit isn't tuned yet....they gave estimates of 350rwhp with the S/C..that is a bit more than 70rwhp. I personalyl think that is a little too high, unless you are running a really small pulley. What I am worried about is the quality of the kit. The Stillen V2 S/C kit for the Maxima wasn't the most reliable. For isntance, it used PLASTIC pulleys that would melt and belts that would shred!

However that occurs if you run a smaller pulley.

In any case, we'll see how this perform.

Dhruv

May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN

First of all, this kit isn't tuned yet....they gave estimates of 350rwhp with the S/C..that is a bit more than 70rwhp. I personalyl think that is a little too high, unless you are running a really small pulley. What I am worried about is the quality of the kit. The Stillen V2 S/C kit for the Maxima wasn't the most reliable. For isntance, it used PLASTIC pulleys that would melt and belts that would shred!

right, and that sucks. 280+70=350. Thats not more than 70 hp. if a freakin civic, integra, prelude, or accord will gain approx 40% from a supercharger, why can't stillen make one that will? If i had a 350z i'd hold out till something better comes along.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

its a 287 Hp V6
0-60 in 5.5
Tops 155.

Nissan Makes a race version (GT) i thinnk its called. its in the newest Road & Track. say its gonna book for like 75K
When the Twin Turbo T top comes out i WILL have one

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN

right, and that sucks. 280+70=350. Thats not more than 70 hp. if a freakin civic, integra, prelude, or accord will gain approx 40% from a supercharger, why can't stillen make one that will? If i had a 350z i'd hold out till something better comes along.

I said 350 RWHP !! The Z dynos at around 230-235RWHP right now! Usually the performance increases for mods are measure in horsepower at the wheels rather than hp at the flywheel (that would be 280hp). Assume a 20% loss on RWD manual vechicles when calculating horsepower at the wheels.

Dhruv

May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: TheEvil1

its a 287 Hp V6
0-60 in 5.5
Tops 155.

Nissan Makes a race version (GT) i thinnk its called. its in the newest Road & Track. say its gonna book for like 75K
When the Twin Turbo T top comes out i WILL have one

if they make a twin turbo version that would be an amazing car. probably be a mid to high 12 second car :)

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
When does Nissan's own 350Z Twin Turbo come out? :D

At least give us the T-tops again...

They're doing a convertible instead, scheduled to be out sometime next year.