Nintendo Wii hidden potential

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
repost?

(He was a website, another is finger tracking, where you could literally play starcraft by using your fingers in mid air and dragging and clicking with them.

Jan 22, 2008
Head tracking motion sensors exist for the PC. TrackIR 4 Pro is out and is compatible with several games
However this stuff for the Wii looks truly amazing people like that guy need to tap into its true potential.

AmpedSilence

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
If i'm not mistaken, he is only using the infrared camera from the Wii-mote to do this?

combine OLED TV's slated to come out in the next few years, with this sensing tech and you really have a Minority Report type interface. Pretty cool stuff. Hopefully, it's pretty quick to mainstream market (like 5-10 years).

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: AmpedSilence
If i'm not mistaken, he is only using the infrared camera from the Wii-mote to do this?

combine OLED TV's slated to come out in the next few years, with this sensing tech and you really have a Minority Report type interface. Pretty cool stuff. Hopefully, it's pretty quick to mainstream market (like 5-10 years).

I'm sure a big company with plenty of resources could get something out in a year from now, or less.