nintendo ds users

xaeniac

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
Do any nintendo ds lite users use a screen protector? Should I worry about getting one? IF so where?

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
Don't get screen protectors. It makes the screen look weird...and the screens are tough enough as is.

speg

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2000
www.speg.com
No way.. the DS is going to be closed when you aren't using it anyway. Or, if you're worried about the touch screen, just make sure you use the stylus and all will be well.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I bought the Hori DS Lite screen protector. You have to be real patient when you put it on or you'llget bubbles and dust under it. I really like it and it doesn't affect the screens look in anyway.

Take note that while people tell you closing the DSL will be enough the screens, the problem is "stuff" will get on the screens when you're playing w/ the DSL and when you clean the screens, no matter how careful you are, they will get scratched. With the screen protector, you can easily wipe the "stuff" off w/o scratching the actual screen.

In the end it's really up to you. I admit, I'm really anal about my gadgets and tend to keep them in prestine condition from the day I purchased them to the day I sell them.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
I put screen protectors on my original DS as soon as I got it... then when I got a DS lite I did not put them on at all. It's been a month now and I am perfectly happy without them.

In other words, I don't suggest using them.

LanceM

Mar 13, 2004
Don't use one, myself. Just don't abuse the screen and you'll be fine. Make sure the stylus doesn't scrape up against anything that could sharpen it.

speg

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2000
www.speg.com
Originally posted by: Baked
In the end it's really up to you. I admit, I'm really anal about my gadgets and tend to keep them in prestine condition from the day I purchased them to the day I sell them.

I don't get that, I mean what do you do about your monitor? It's sitting there collecting dust all day. Most screens can handle the simple wiping needed to clean the "stuff" off them, weather they be televisions, monitors, cell phones, iPods, and the DS.