Nike sides with Kaepernick

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Chromagnus

Feb 28, 2017
No doubt that this was a calculated corporate move but I still commend Nike on having the balls to do this.

How long before Trump tweets about Nike?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
No doubt that this was a calculated corporate move but I still commend Nike on having the balls to do this.

How long before Trump tweets about Nike?

NFL starts this week. So the whole kneeling controversy should be ramping up on his radar too.

Bumrush99

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Ballsy move. Give them credit for putting themselves out there.

It's actually a very educated guess that the butt stain on America called Donald Trump will be wiped and flushed down the toilet.

It may seem ballsy today, but Nike executives are not dumb. They know damn well they will be on the right side of history and it may come sooner rather than later when the Trump swamp/ criminal enterprise gets drained

Bumrush99

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Gullible righty morons let themselves be brainwashed into thinking taking a knee to protest injustice is more disrespectful then trashing a 5 year POW because he was captured

I would remove gullible. They know exactly what Trump stands for and their patriotism is FAKE. They only care about winning at all costs, democracy and traditional American values be damned.

When a sitting President chastises the Department of Justice for prosecuting a sitting member of Congress that pretended to be an advocate for veterans it shows how you how far the GOP has fallen.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I have a habit of sniffing the butts of my opponents, if you take a peek at the donald, it is quite obvious that Nike did *something* to set the KKK Nazis off..

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I know Nike is far from perfect, but this did make me glad to have a Nike+ Apple Watch. It does take a certain amount of boldness to adopt a position you know could cost you sales in at least the short term.

Someone on Twitter put it elegantly: Nike is marketing to customers for the next 30 years, not the past 30 years.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Isn't Nike's market cap worth around double the entire NFL? This seems like a calculated move on their part, the attention is worth the risk for them so it's not necessarily a very bold move. That being said, I'm glad they did it.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I would remove gullible. They know exactly what Trump stands for and their patriotism is FAKE. They only care about winning at all costs, democracy and traditional American values be damned.

When a sitting President chastises the Department of Justice for prosecuting a sitting member of Congress that pretended to be an advocate for veterans it shows how you how the far the GOP has fallen.

That was yesterday bro.. it keeps falling further and further. One has to wonder if there is a rock bottom.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Nike basically wrote off the entire Trump trash contingent as past their use by date.

They probably had a look at the rallies and decided herds of buffaloes who want to lock horns, don't buy Nike athletic crap.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I think I need another pair of air max 97's.. they are hot!!
Nike is killing it with their old school lineups they are putting out. I got the Nike Air Max 270's when they came out which were a throwback. I also got the Jordan 13's they re-released about a month ago.

Reactions: digiram

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
And this like with those who burned their NFL jerseys or tickets, they won't even consider donating said clothing to the veterans they claim is the reason they're upset.

Feb 16, 2005
I just wish they made better stability running shoes, well, ones that had the cushioning last more than a few months.
Kudos to Nike for being on the right side of history

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I bet the NFL is supper happy Nike is spotlighting this just a few days before the season opener. I'm sure the NFL didn't think it was getting enough attention.

Fern