Nike Foamposite Galaxy shoe release causes rioting at a Florida mall

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Another indicator that the economy is still in the shitter and Obama should be stopped at all costs. :rolleyes:

Riots for $200 shoes.

Thats the easy way to attack Obama...post any article and claim its an indicator of our economy -- I get it now.....stoopid is as stoopid does!

Blame Obama thats the easy way out........you have no clue dude!!

Nowhere in the article does it even mention Obama.....

Dude this riot is not even an indicator of the economy being in the shitter.....you need to wake up and understand!!

Last edited:

Harrod

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2010
I can't wait for our next president to get elected, so he can start blaming the problems on the previous president, even if it's himself.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
were they European Caucasian?

edit: looks like Nike only produced 1200 pairs of these. don't blame Obama or the economy. blame Nike. I would buy them too because you can resell them at a 1000%+ markup.

they're going for over $2000 on eBay now :\

There was no productive reason to enter race into this discussion, and yet you endeavored to do so.

Baiting with the racism angle is not acceptable.

Administrator Idontcare
--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000

edit: looks like Nike only produced 1200 pairs of these. don't blame Obama or the economy. blame Nike. I would buy them too because you can resell them at a 1000%+ markup.

Well I came in this thread expecting this; not racist.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Mabye they were angry about the working conditions of the people that manufactured the shoes.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

There was no productive reason to enter race into this discussion, and yet you endeavored to do so.

Administrator Idontcare

Actually, I was wondering if there was an ethnic component to this... We don't have riots for iPhones and iPads (just orderly long lines), and IIRC the "flash rob" thing where lots of people enter and simultaneously rob/shoplift/loot a store is an ethnically homogenous phenomenon (I believe).

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007

Administrator Idontcare

--------------------------------------------------------------

wth man? i was talking about the shoes. were they white shoes?
i must be the first person ever in the history of P&N to bring up 'race' in a thread. :\

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Anyone that would pay any amount of money for those Fugly shoes deserves to be poor... they are already stupid.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Actually, I was wondering if there was an ethnic component to this... We don't have riots for iPhones and iPads (just orderly long lines), and IIRC the "flash rob" thing where lots of people enter and simultaneously rob/shoplift/loot a store is an ethnically homogenous phenomenon (I believe).

White people can do Flash mobs to, and form gangs like the Crypts just as easily as Black people can. Just because it hasnt happened yet doesnt mean it wont.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

But white people do riot when their hockey teams lose.

vancouver_riots_01.jpg