nicotine patches, gum, etc

dopcombo

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2000
Ok, I don't smoke.
The question is, what will nicotine patches or gum do for a non-smoker?
I would think that people could get high on these things.
And because they are not smoking, there's none of that tar crap that fills up your lungs, making them seem so much better than actualy cigarettes.

any ideas?

joinT

Lifer
Jan 19, 2001
well, if you were REALLY stressed out I suppose the nicotine would calm you down.
but who wants to be addicted to gum that tastes like tobacco or patches you gotta stick on your a$$ :p

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Let me get this straight. You want to get high off the patch???!

Talk about a twisted idea. :confused:

crazyfly

Banned
May 5, 2001
If your looking for a high why not just get addicted to cocaine. I mean thats the what 3rd most addictive drug, Next to tobacco?

dopcombo

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2000
no no no... :) It's not about me getting high.
I was just thinking about it that's all.
I mean people sniff glue and other inhalants to get high as well.
So how come no one has started chewing nicotine gum to do so??

On a side note, i've never tried those gum before.

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
Patches are WAY too expensive to "get high" for only a couple of minutes. They're designed to keep the body from craving nicotine so smokers can work on their psycological addiction. I think it would beat cocain as the least bang for your buck (being about $40 for fifteen minutes)

The only time nicotine can make you feel "high" is when the intake to your brain and circulatory system spikes. As soon as your body "gets used" to the increase in nicotine presence, the high immediately disappears. And when the nicotine level drops, the body suddenly feels uncomfortable.

I would say this is one of the stupidest ideas I've heard, next to smoking :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Nicotine doesn't make you high. What it does, after you use it for a while is make you absolutely miserable if you don't take more. So the high, if you want, is ending a misery you wouldn't have if you didn't use nicotine. Stick on a patch and you'll feel slightly nausiated. Nicotine, by the way, is a deadly poison.

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
I've no experience nor do I know anyone with experience with the gum because there was a study that since you have to moderate your own usage of the gum, you become addicted to it just like cigarettes.

I wouldn't recommend getting into ANY addictive substance be it for recreation or study..