• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Nice to have the airshows coming back

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
An actual B2!
I remember getting played at one airshow as a kid. Hyped a spy plane flyby over the loudspeaker, then just played the sound of a jet. Afterward just claimed it was invisible to the eye - so stealthy!
Guess it's funny to the announcer.

Looks like my most local airshow was last weekend. Who knew.

• Haha
Reactions: pmv

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
duh... the cockpit looked funny in the pic, but its the top gun turret.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
This was at Barksdale AFB in Shreveport...
You drove all the way from Dallas to Shreveport?

I heard from friends in Louisiana that this year the show did not have any static displays/airplanes you could climb in or get up close or vendors for foods and drinks and you must have a ticket with all the personal information to enter so we didn't go this year.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
You drove all the way from Dallas to Shreveport?

I heard from friends in Louisiana that this year the show did not have any static displays/airplanes you could climb in or get up close or vendors for foods and drinks and you must have a ticket with all the personal information to enter so we didn't go this year.
yeah, only a 3 hour drive so it wasn't too bad...you just needed an Eventbrite account (I already had one) to get a ticket...they didn't even check for the ticket on Saturdays...

when you got there, you parked about 50 yards from the runways and you had to stay by your car unless you were going to porta pottys...you had to bring your own food and drinks...

BarkingGhostar

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2009
Never been fortunate enough to see one. Not like they do them that often here in North Georgia, and when they do I only learn about it a week or two after the show had passed.

ASK THE COMMUNITY