NHL fans let loose with racist comments after loss

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Where is the Republican leadership?? Where are Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, the Drudge Report, Newsmax, Breitbart (we can dig him up)? This should be front page stuff. They should be front and center in the defense of this player.....oh wait minute there is one little teeny tiny problem, white people gone crazy.

http://articles.boston.com/2012-04-26/sports/31412623_1_boston-fans-wayne-simmonds-tweets

We already know what happens when "those people" lose hockey championships
https://www.google.com/search?q=van...5J8Wg6QHK0-CcDw&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1116&bih=644

I live just outside Philadelphia and the Flyers have a black player. If they make it to the Stanley Cup finals I guess I have to go out a buy a couple of guns.

Just a little balance

Sephire

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2011
I'm still waiting for that white guy who got attacked by youths in Baltimore to be front page stuff.

Jan 25, 2011
As a life long, die hard hockey fan this makes me sick. We had an incident here in London in the preseason where a banana was tossed on the ice during Wayne Simmonds shootout attempt. It turned into a global embarassment and that was actually just an incident of opportunity. There was a Tiki bar setup at the arena and the kid that threw the banana just grabbed and threw. Didn't change the damage done on the perceptions of hockey fans and this just compounds it.

Fuck racists.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
This is newsworthy? What next, an article about the homophobes and racists on youtube?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Lol Boston fans. They didn't get the nickname Massholes for nothing.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Racism doesn't exist... Unless it's Affirmative action or giving poor black people money.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
LOL. Yet another fail thread by Homer. Do you really think this is the first and last time the n word will be used on the internet/twitter? Should everyone stop the presses and run a story about it every time? Would that make you happy? Strange you aren't up in arms when the same stuff happens after a Super Bowl. Oh right, football is not a white sport amiright so there is not need for faux outrage in that case.

CNN was more than happy to run this story so that their anchors could continue their repeated use of the word under the guise of "accuracy", yeah right. Bet that makes you happy.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
“It doesn’t faze me at all,’’ he told USA Today, adding that he had never experienced any racism in the NHL, only a few remarks at youth tournaments when he was growing up in Canada.

Those fucking racist Canadians again.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
LOL. Yet another fail thread by Homer. Do you really think this is the first and last time the n word will be used on the internet/twitter? Should everyone stop the presses and run a story about it every time? Would that make you happy? Strange you aren't up in arms when the same stuff happens after a Super Bowl. Oh right, football is not a white sport amiright so there is not need for faux outrage in that case.

CNN was more than happy to run this story so that their anchors could continue their repeated use of the word under the guise of "accuracy", yeah right. Bet that makes you happy.

Hey you stumbled into the real reason for this thread. It's a satirical shot at all those jealous people posting the threads about white victums of crimes when the assailant is black.

The jealously of all the right wingers of the Travon Martin case which is unique and resulted in a death.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Lol Boston fans. They didn't get the nickname Massholes for nothing.

ROFLMAO!

Boston fans? That is one of the bluest of blue cities in one of the bluest of blue states. Damn racist Democrats.

Sorry, racist Democrat is being redundant.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Where is the Republican leadership?? Where are Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, the Drudge Report, Newsmax, Breitbart (we can dig him up)? This should be front page stuff. They should be front and center in the defense of this player.....oh wait minute there is one little teeny tiny problem, white people gone crazy.

http://articles.boston.com/2012-04-26/sports/31412623_1_boston-fans-wayne-simmonds-tweets

We already know what happens when "those people" lose hockey championships
https://www.google.com/search?q=van...5J8Wg6QHK0-CcDw&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1116&bih=644

I live just outside Philadelphia and the Flyers have a black player. If they make it to the Stanley Cup finals I guess I have to go out a buy a couple of guns.

Just a little balance

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/04/26/fans-let-loose-with-racist-comments-after-loss/

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
People do realize the Bruins are supported by fans in NH (R), VT (D), and ME (both) too, right? They're called the Boston Bruins, but they're more like the New England Bruins. Anyway it's extremely ignorant to generalize any region based on a few bad apples.
Wah? I thought racists only lived in the south?
It's not nearly as common or blatant. But it's there. I went skiing in Maine with a friend of mine who's Egyptian and we stopped in at a very small town place to get breakfast once. One of the old hicks there said something extremely racist to him and we promptly paid and left.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
ROFLMAO!

Boston fans? That is one of the bluest of blue cities in one of the bluest of blue states. Damn racist Democrats.

Sorry, racist Democrat is being redundant.
Yep, not a single Republican lives in Massachusetts, you mental midget.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
As a life long, die hard hockey fan this makes me sick. We had an incident here in London in the preseason where a banana was tossed on the ice during Wayne Simmonds shootout attempt. It turned into a global embarassment and that was actually just an incident of opportunity. There was a Tiki bar setup at the arena and the kid that threw the banana just grabbed and threw. Didn't change the damage done on the perceptions of hockey fans and this just compounds it.

Fuck racists.
Since it looks like no one else is going to ask - what is the connection between throwing a banana out onto the ice and a "global embarrassment"? Seems like Step Two has been left out.

Kudos to the OP for taking bad behavior in Boston (after San Francisco probably the last place one would find a conservative) and attempting to link it to conservatives. Everyone needs a personal goal, and while being a perfect idiot isn't one I would have selected, at least it's keeping you busy.

Jan 25, 2011
Since it looks like no one else is going to ask - what is the connection between throwing a banana out onto the ice and a "global embarrassment"? Seems like Step Two has been left out.

Kudos to the OP for taking bad behavior in Boston (after San Francisco probably the last place one would find a conservative) and attempting to link it to conservatives. Everyone needs a personal goal, and while being a perfect idiot isn't one I would have selected, at least it's keeping you busy.

The incident went viral. Was carried internationally and was a blight on the City of London after the event. Any search for Simmonds and banana together would yield a wealth of info.

Sorry yes, Wayne Simmonds is black. That is the Philly player referenced in the Op and it's referenced in the article as well.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003

LOL

Fern

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

While I'm not aware of the incident (I live in Atlanta, we're bad enough at being hockey fans that we lost our team twice), I would assume it was a black player. And from there I would assume it has to do with the racist calling of black people monkeys. And monkey - banana. It could very well have never been intended as a racist thing, but depending on the perspective taken it could be taken as racist initially.