NFS: Carbon, surprisingly good!

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I have to say, given EA's recent track record with shoddy PC ports filled with bugs, crashes, and terrible performance, NFS:C is a great surprise. It runs great, hasn't crashed yet (only been 2 days but still) and looks good to. It even had all the right controls set up when I plugged my joypad which I usually have to set myself.

As for the game itself, pretty good. I'm not a huge racing fan, but I played Most Wanted (on PC) and enjoyed it. MW was fairly stable too, but wasn't optimized as well. Carbon looks a lot better but doesn't hiccup and jerk as much. Way to redeem a little bit of yourself in my eyes EA. :thumbsup:

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I played Carbon for a bit on the PC, too. It was OK, but the demo on the 360 was better. Carbon sucks, though. I'm waiting for the new NFS game, the "professional tournament" one.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Well I got carbon at launch and it was far from stable. It ran like piss on vista-big surprise I know- and ran like crap till the first patch came out on xp as well. It seems better now but Ive been finished with the game for some time.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: manimal
Well I got carbon at launch and it was far from stable. It ran like piss on vista-big surprise I know- and ran like crap till the first patch came out on xp as well. It seems better now but Ive been finished with the game for some time.

Hmm... well then I guess the patches fixed a lot, as I haven't had any problems.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
At launch NFS:C had plenty of problems on my XP machine. It was all round a poor game which removed the annoying but fun Drag races and made Drifting so irritatingly boring, mixed and crap that I wish id never bought it.

Most Wanter however was awesome and the best I have played (from U1, U2, MW and C)

Serp86

Oct 12, 2002
I never had issues with it neighter on xp nor vista after the upgrade.

NFS: Most Wanted is, however the better game.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I bought Carbon at release. I thought the menu system was trash. Too confusing. I did like the fact that you could crash off a cliff! I laughed my ass off first time I went off a cliff! After playing all the NFS games for years I came to use the railings as a way to keep my speed and slam into the rail and just glide through the turn, but going thru it was funny as all hell!