NForce4 VS. NForce 5/6

murphyslabrat

Jan 9, 2007
Heya, I am looking at building a budget system. Obviously, I want to get the most out of what I spend. So, what advantages(mainly for overclocking) are offered by the NForce 5 and 6 chipsets.

I am currently looking at getting the DFI INFINITY NF ULTRAII-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX Motherboard and an athlon x2 3600(brisbane), then overclocking it as far as it can go.

I like DFI and I like low cost, so would you recommend this board or another one.

Thanks in advance,
-Murphy

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
Originally posted by: murphyslabrat
Heya, I am looking at building a budget system. Obviously, I want to get the most out of what I spend. So, what advantages(mainly for overclocking) are offered by the NForce 5 and 6 chipsets.

I am currently looking at getting the DFI INFINITY NF ULTRAII-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX Motherboard and an athlon x2 3600(brisbane), then overclocking it as far as it can go.

I like DFI and I like low cost, so would you recommend this board or another one.

Thanks in advance,
-Murphy

I don't think there a nforce 6 chipset yet for amd cpu's. But for the nforce 5, far as I know, the nvidia firewall was remove from that chipset to my knowledge. other than that, I couldnt really tell you the difference between tyhe nforce 4 and the nforce 5 chipsets.