NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 70 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Giants hiring the bills guy Schoen looks good on paper. A bit of hope now

Easy there big guy .... let's maintain our perspective!

Judge looked good on paper too. I would have preferred somebody with a bit of first-hand GM-experience personally.

Nevertheless I am cautiously optimistic. :)

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Judge looked good on paper too. I would have preferred somebody with a bit of first-hand GM-experience personally.

Judge was a special teams coach, nothing that exciting. And Bill's assistants have never really had success going off on their own.

Plus this guy gets to change the Mara way. That's probably only good

Reactions: Captante

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

Lol. Belichick tree always should set off warning bells these days. If you know one, you know them all.

They will do at least one of the following:
Fall in love with a bad quarterback
Sour a relationship with a good QB already on the team
Trade away superstars for peanuts
Say “Do your job” a gazillion times
Field inept offenses
Have undisciplined teams.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Cowgirls would have to trade to get him, he's still under contract isn't he? Saints would be stupid to give him away. Only way he would coach is if he's given FULL control of the team... which while goes against Jerry lately, his ultimate goal is another SB; which he may be willing to forfeit control to get.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Saints fan emulation by Tom Grossi.

-------------------------
Also, next week is the end of an era in Washington.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

So, Giants got their new regime in place. Seems like they want to make Jones look better by hiring Josh Allen’s coordinator.

It’s a Belichick tree hire though which always means beware until proven otherwise.

Also means a little uncertainty for the Bills because the replacement may be worse.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

So, Giants got their new regime in place. Seems like they want to make Jones look better by hiring Josh Allen’s coordinator.

It’s a Belichick tree hire though which always means beware until proven otherwise.

Also means a little uncertainty for the Bills because the replacement may be worse.

I wonder how long it will take the new guy to bench Jones? :rolleyes:

Oh well at least Gettleman and Judge are history.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I wonder how long it will take the new guy to bench Jones? :rolleyes:

Oh well at least Gettleman and Judge are history.
Daboll will probably do some RPO, Wildcat and Jones and Saqoun can do some neo-"Thunder and Lightning" action and chase the rushing crown. Basically copy the Buffalo back when Josh Allen was raw, the Eagles with Hurts, and Ravens with Lamar.

I think they hired this guy so Jones can look a little better as trade bait.

As far as I'm concerned. Nothing has changed as Jones stills owns Washington.

And whatever incompetence Mara has is small fry compared to other incompetent franchise. He at least cuts bait after a couple years.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Daboll will probably do some RPO, Wildcat and Jones and Saqoun can do some neo-"Thunder and Lightning" action and chase the rushing crown. Basically copy the Buffalo back when Josh Allen was raw, the Eagles with Hurts, and Ravens with Lamar.

I think they hired this guy so Jones can look a little better as trade bait.

As far as I'm concerned. Nothing has changed as Jones stills owns Washington.

And whatever incompetence Mara has is small fry compared to other incompetent franchise. He at least cuts bait after a couple years.

It's pretty apparent we have to have Jones on the roster this year. They'll bring in a veteran as well, and see what Daboll and his crew can do with Jones, who has shown he has talent to work with. Daboll is bringing in Dorsey, who was instrumental in developing Allen's mechanics and other core QB tendencies. He definitely helped turn Allen around. If Jones shows nothing, you are going to have to draft a QB anyway, and then you'll have the same crew to develop that QB. Either way it was smart to hire an offensive minded head coach for those reasons.

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
NFC South is gonna suck next season. Saints in cap hell. Carolina...has no qb. ATL...lol.
Bucs...no qb.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
QBs greater than Josh Allen, in no particular order because I don't have time for ordering:
Brady
Mahomes
Herbert
Russell Wilson
Kyler Murray
Joe Burrow
Mac Jones
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Stafford
Dak PRescott
Lamar Jackson
Ben Roethlisberger
November 25, I was already seeing the star power of LORD Burrow.

(And some embarrassing duds. BUT the Bengals were just 6-4 and I was only watching highlights of Burrow ;) )
I STAND BY MY EDITED LIST.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Brian Flores chooses the nuclear option.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Brian Flores chooses the nuclear option.

The tanking allegation is totally unsurprising. In the end, winning is the end-all be-all and a higher draft position means a more likely chance a prospect is a generational talent(unless it is a QB picked at No. 2).

Now, since he did come out of the loins of the Pats, I cannot totally believe his goody-two shoes front, but he's got to do it for the legal process.