NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Hold on a sec, I'm shocked you didn't rip the Jets for unnecessarily going for it on 4th down and failing! Normally you apply your 20/20 hindsight skills in these situations to proclaim how dumb the head coach is. :p

Speaking of Jets HC Robert Saleh, he tossed his OC under the bus by saying the 4th & 2 play call should never include a QB option. Considering Saleh's background is defense, this is very interesting. Either the play design is a QB option, or it isn't. I don't know who's right, but Saleh is very emphatic that the OC should have told the QB to hand it off 100% of the time. Part of the reason Saleh is furious is that they even took a timeout before failing to convert, and he's blaming the OC 100%.

You should have heard me yelling at the TV lol! ;) (pretty sure they lose either way though!)

However pointing out the the Jets head coach is incompetent would be like pointing out that if you bang your head on a wall you MIGHT end up with a headache!

Scary thing is that talent-free as they are the Jets may be in better shape then my Giants! (at least they made it interesting!)

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
You should have heard me yelling at the TV lol! ;)

However pointing out the the Jets head coach is incompetent would be like pointing out that if you bang your head on a wall you MIGHT end up with a headache!

Scary thing is that talent-free as they are the Jets may be in better shape then my Giants! (at least they made it interesting!)
Giants always manage to crawl out of the basement eventually...I know Blue's got both God and the Devil's favor.

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Burrow has Mixon Chase Higgins Boyd. He has all the support a web could want. Mac noodle arm Jones will never come close to Allen.

I disagree about Mac Jones .... I wouldn't go as far as saying that he's a lock to bring more Super Bowls to the Patriots but I believe he will do a lot of winning for them and despite not having the strongest arm he has very good judgement/accuracy.

Giants always manage to crawl out of the basement eventually...I know Blue's got both God and the Devil's favor.

No doubt that's been true in the past BUT we currently have a bad joke for a QB, a head coach who literally has zero clue what he's doing, very little in the way of talent on either of our lines (the foundation of a winning football team), we are in "salary-cap hell" and thus are unable to sign anyone PLUS worst of all we have an owner in Mara who thinks this 4-12 disgrace of a team is doing "just fine".

Eagles and Cowboys are looking strong and your WFT is at least improving .... its going to be a LONG time before "Little Blue" sees another championship IMO.

:rolleyes: :(

Last edited:
Reactions: BUTCH1

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
No doubt that's been true in the past BUT we currently have a bad joke for a QB, a head coach who literally has zero clue what he's doing, very little in the way of talent on either of our lines (the foundation of a winning football team) AND worst of all an owner who thinks this 4-12 disgrace of a team is doing just fine.

Eagles and Cowboys are looking strong and WFT is at least improving .... its going to be a LONG time before "Little Blue" sees another championship IMO.

:rolleyes: :(
Oh don't worry, Super Bowl appearances have come by every ten years for the Giants. New QBs get drafted every 4-5 years on needy teams. The decade is still young. :p

Things didn't look good at all at the start of the Eli era either.

Jones will fail to progress next year and you will get your purge.

Washington needs two or three quality LBs and a secondary to make any waves.

I want to like Heinicke but he has limitations that he must iron out or else it's another draft pick that has to be used...and our track record is lolbad with drafting QBs.

I'm tempted to want Washington to lose next week to screw over NYG's draft position. ;)

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Things didn't look good at all at the start of the Eli era either.

Compare the Giants roster and coaching staff in the early 2000's to this bunch of rejects. (remember that although they were over-matched by the Ravens they won the NFC title and WERE in the SB in just 3 years prior)

The foundation for the Super Bowl teams was being built up by competent management who knew how to assess NFL talent when Eli replaced Warner at QB in 2004.... it was nothing like the situation now.

Dave Gettleman GUTTED this team... his signing will go down in NY football history as about the worst move for long-term damage in Giants franchise history since signing Joe Pisarcik.

o_O

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Compare the Giants roster and coaching staff in the early 2000's to this bunch of rejects. (remember that although they were over-matched by the Ravens they won the NFC title and WERE in the SB in just 3 years prior)

The foundation for the Super Bowl teams was being built up by competent management who knew how to assess NFL talent when Eli replaced Warner at QB in 2004.... it was nothing like the situation now.

Dave Gettleman GUTTED this team... his signing will go down in NY football history as about the worst move for long-term damage in Giants franchise history.

o_O
How funny and ironic Gettleman was director of player personnel during those years of plenty. About time the chickens come home to roost.

I was fully aware Kerry Collins got suffocated by the Ravens when posting that. But by 2007, Strahan was still there, but the likes of Seahorn, Tiki Barber, etc were long gone.

But even the Raven who croweth "never more" could not stop the Giants from killing a GOAT twice in four years with a David-like cast. Corey Webster panning out, etc.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Touchdown Wesley.
Touchdown Wesley.

A Wesley beating the Dallas Cowboys is worthy of meme'ing.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
They ran a QB sneak on 4th and 2 right into Tampa's fatsos and then basically didn't play defense on Tampa's final drive.
If a "tank" job was the deal of the day no way they'd be up by 14 in the 4th Qtr to begin with, shitty coverage is shitty coverage and Brady's spent the last 22 years dissecting shitty coverage.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Burrow has Mixon Chase Higgins Boyd. He has all the support a web could want. Mac noodle arm Jones will never come close to Allen.
Allen probably has the strongest arm in the entire league but Jone's arm looks good enough to me, shoot, I'll take less arm cannon and more accuracy/decision making any day. Allen can combine both, (and run like a 235lb RB), and when he does he's above everyone else by miles.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Matt Ryan and Baker Mayfield can write a book together called The Art of Self-Destruction.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
I lost my ff div rnd last week as James Robinson went down. Would’ve won if I had started Justin Jackson over him. Sucks cuz I dominated the league this yr. To make matters worse najee went off tonight which made me highest scorer this week. Same thing happened last yr. ah well. ‘‘Twas fun anyhow. At least I’ll be able to keep Kupp for next yr.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
That ending on MNF was kind of suspect as fuck.

I mean, what the fuck were the Browns doing passing when they just got burnt on a run TD?

Leaves you wondering if "The Don"(or more accurately Irish gangster) Rooney told Cleveland to make Ben get his storybook ending or else they would get fucked for eternity(not that it really matters since Cleveland has been fucking things up since eternity)....

Watch out Indy, the Stiller's invisible hands might manifest themselves.

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
That ending on MNF was kind of suspect as fuck.

I mean, what the fuck were the Browns doing passing when they just got burnt on a run TD?

Leaves you wondering if "The Don"(or more accurately Irish gangster) Rooney told Cleveland to make Ben get his storybook ending or else they would get fucked for eternity(not that it really matters since Cleveland has been fucking things up since eternity....

Watch out Indy, the Stiller's invisible hands might manifest themselves.

I didn't bother to watch this game since the Browns had nothing to play for but pride .... which apparently is in short supply in Cleveland!

:rolleyes:

And I've been saying that I was expecting some shenanigans from the league around Ben retiring POTENTIALLY ruining the AFC playoffs by "fixing" calls to favor the Steelers. It's happened before in big games.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I mean the Browns were still trying to get yards and score even though the game was over. Of course they would pass the ball and not run it. It made total sense to me.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I didn't bother to watch this game since the Browns had nothing to play for but pride .... which apparently is in short supply in Cleveland!

And I've been saying that I was expecting some shenanigans from the league around Ben retiring so no surprise at all.
Still an epic level of stupid because a player can get injured on a meaningless play.