NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 36 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
I'd be trying to forget those games if I were a Patriots fan too! ;)
I really wanted them to go 18-0. I knew it wouldn't happen, though. The margin of victory was closing in. They barely beat the Giants in the regular season, the loss was bound to happen. Unfortunately.

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
I am looking forward to the next four games. Titans, Bills, Colts, and then the Bills again. This will tell just how good these Patriots are.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I am looking forward to the next four games. Titans, Bills, Colts, and then the Bills again. This will tell just how good these Patriots are.

All kidding aside the Pats D looks pretty good and I certainly wish the Giants had MAC Jones under center instead of the one we're stuck with.

A split with Buffalo wouldn't surprise me, I do predict a loss to Indy but TN is very beatable without Henry.

Last two weeks of the season the Bills get the Fail-cons and the Jets at home in Buffalo, NE gets the Jags at home then they go to Miami.

Bottom line I like the Bills to win the division but not by a whole lot.

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
I'm a true fan, looking for them to run the table. Combo of defense, run game, and a bit of help from Mac should do it. Might be a loss or two, though.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm a true fan, looking for them to run the table. Combo of defense, run game, and a bit of help from Mac should do it. Might be a loss or two, though.

I wouldn't bet on it.... even the Jaguars are no "gimme" the way their young linebackers are playing now although I'm picking NE.

Miami always plays the Pats tough at home though and that one could go either way.

What the Pats season may well come down to is their pass-rush vs the Bills O-line.... Allen CAN get flustered with serious pressure IF NE can get to him a few times.

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
Oh hell, I am not betting on it. Mostly wishful thinking, lol.

But sometimes the Patriots make wishful thinking come true.

See my caveat, a loss or two.

Reactions: Captante

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Torn Mind hates the Bills and thus (apparently?) is incapable of being objective about them.... some people are like that its just the way it is.

:rolleyes:

And I've been saying Daniel Jones sucked donkey-balls for a long time now.
He's a souped up Kirk Cousins who can get away with mistakes because he can run around like a budget Mike Vick.

Fuck Tyler Myers and yes, I enjoyed every second of that P.K. Subban slapper breaking his leg.
Your list doesn't even rate serious consideration .... half the guys on it have literally never sniffed a division title or won a playoff game.

And you seriously think Prescott is better then Allen? ROTFL... wow.
I see more potency from the guys I listed than from Josh Allen. Dak is only slightly better than Allen. They dance in a pretty similar manner. Got a boost via a WR acquired via trade. Then they got more surrounding talent and thus can "pad stats".

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
He's a souped up Kirk Cousins who can get away with mistakes because he can run around like a budget Mike Vick.

Fuck Tyler Myers and yes, I enjoyed every second of that P.K. Subban slapper breaking his leg.

I see more potency from the guys I listed than from Josh Allen. Dak is only slightly better than Allen. They dance in a pretty similar manner. Got a boost via a WR acquired via trade. Then they got more surrounding talent and thus can "pad stats".

IMO Allen is worlds better then Cousins who I have never liked and Prescott is mediocre at best. If he didn't have about the best O-line in football to hide behind in Dallas he would be exposed.

However the game is played on the field and that's where we'll find out who is correct.

My guess is we'll be watching Buffalo in the AFC championship game again this year although I'm not sure they'll win it.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Torn Mind hates the Bills and thus (apparently?) is incapable of being objective about them.... some people are like that its just the way it is. Having said that, I'm not completely sold on Allen and the Bills just yet myself... get back to me in a few weeks!

You ARE what your record says you are in the NFL.

:rolleyes:

And I've been saying Daniel Jones sucked donkey-balls for a long time now.

usa_today_15099881.0.jpg

Daniel Jones is a Duke Quarterback, that's all I ever needed to know.

(Yes, I know it's the same as Torn Mind's anti-Buffalo philosophy....but damn it: I'm right! ....and if you doubt that, I applied the same metric to when that Bitch Trubisky from the Tarholes was drafted into the NFL. Of course I was proven correct!)

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

(Yes, I know it's the same as Torn Mind's anti-Buffalo philosophy....but damn it: I'm right! ....and if you doubt that, I applied the same metric to when that Bitch Trubisky from the Tarholes was drafted into the NFL. Of course I was proven correct!)

Assuming a QB from a school known almost exclusively for actual studying (and basketball) won't produce an NFL caliber QB makes perfect sense to me.

The moment I heard the Jones pick announced on WFAN radio it elicited a strident and immediate "WHAT IN THE FVCKING HELL ???" reaction from me, Daniel Jones has been a failure it was easy to see coming.

Most serious football people said the same thing at the time too .... the military term for what the Jones-apologist's have been doing is "blowing sunshine up your a$$".

I have no idea what Dave Gettleman thought he saw in Jones that would translate to a winning QB in the NFL.

:(

Last edited:

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
QBs greater than Josh Allen, in no particular order because I don't have time for ordering:
Brady
Mahomes
Herbert
Russell Wilson
Kyler Murray
Joe Burrow
Mac Jones
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Stafford
Dak PRescott
Lamar Jackson
Ben Roethlisberger
You know what I've never really had a chance to do, as a Bills fan? Feed on other fan's hate. So, thank you for that. :D

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

I now have better recall. Not once did I say Jones was bona fide good. Just he had some moments of promise(of course against Washington). And that I wanted him to succeed just enough for the Giants to marry him and then, implicitly, enjoy the suffering of Giants being handcuffed by him. (Meaning do what Cousins unable to do to the FO of Washington)

Reactions: zinfamous

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
You know what I've never really had a chance to do, as a Bills fan? Feed on other fan's hate. So, thank you for that. :D
Oh, you're just AFC Champs....from '64 and '65.
1638040485707.png
1638040740629.png

Mac Jones is gonna Tesla the NFL and I'm gonna fanboy him just like our resident millionaire Tesla fan. Whereas, Buffalo got palette swapped Donovan McNabb.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Mac Jones is gonna Tesla the NFL

Mac Jones IS very good but what? You think you're looking at the second coming of Joe Montana or something?

:p

It's very impressive the amount of improvement NE has made this season going from a door-mat to a legit playoff contender. (especially on D)

However don't lose touch with the way these same players were performing (or not) just a few short weeks ago.

Newton's lack of discipline at QB was a big part of the problem last season but not all of it.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Mac Jones IS very good but what? You think you're looking at the second coming of Joe Montana or something?

:p

It's very impressive the amount of improvement NE has made this season going from a door-mat to a legit playoff contender. (especially on D)

However don't lose touch with the way these same players were performing (or not) just a few short weeks ago.

Newton's lack of discipline at QB was a big part of the problem last season but not all of it.
The Pats have all their starters now and The Hood is an intellectual who doesn't just parrot a message like his numerous failed offspring, but rather he understands all facets of what it takes to win.
Mac, Herbert, Mahomes, will be the new triumvirate of the AFC. Of the QBs trying to break into their class, Joe Burrow will be the closest to their level in terms of play. Lamar in terms of accolades and hardware. Josh Allen is a palette-swapped Donovan McNabb. He's all flash and athleticism, but he will never make it to the big dance.

(Deshaun is either going to the NFC or get outright canceled)

The progression will be as follows
Mac Jr.
Big Mac
Super(bowl)size Me Mac

It's inevitable.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The Pats have all their starters now and The Hood is an intellectual who doesn't just parrot a message like his numerous failed offspring, but rather he understands all facets of what it takes to win.
Mac, Herbert, Mahomes, will be the new triumvirate of the AFC. Of the QBs trying to break into their class, Joe Burrow will be the closest to their level in terms of play. Lamar in terms of accolades and hardware. Josh Allen is a palette-swapped Donovan McNabb. He's all flash and athleticism, but he will never make it to the big dance.

(Deshaun is either going to the NFC or get outright canceled)

The progression will be as follows
Mac Jr.
Big Mac
Super(bowl)size Me Mac

It's inevitable.

We'll see .... I don't think this Patriots team is as good as you do and I know they lack experience in key positions. (Belichick makes up for some of that)

I'm also not sure Buffalo is QUITE good enough to win a Super Bowl just yet but I wouldn't be shocked if they do it in the near future. I do think the Bills will win the AFC East again this year despite inconsistent play.

But then I do my best to be objective when I pick NFL games. ;)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
We'll see .... I don't think this Patriots team is as good as you do and I know they lack experience in key positions. (Belichick makes up for some of that)

I'm also not sure Buffalo is QUITE good enough to win a Super Bowl just yet but I wouldn't be shocked if they do it in the near future. I do think the Bills will win the AFC East again this year.

But then I do my best to be objective when I pick NFL games. ;)
They only have had one two really bad games defensively. The Saints and Cowboys. And the one where Davis Mills got 3 TDs against that D. But they are in "game shape" now.

And he's showing good stuff on tape, as one analyst points out.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Lets see what happens against the no-Henry Titans tomorrow first.

(as of 130p Sat NE is a 6.5 point favorite @ home)

Also refresh my memory..... didn't the GIANTS beat the Saints?

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oh, you're just AFC Champs....from '64 and '65.
View attachment 53455
View attachment 53456

Mac Jones is gonna Tesla the NFL and I'm gonna fanboy him just like our resident millionaire Tesla fan. Whereas, Buffalo got palette swapped Donovan McNabb.

Let's think for a second: a guy like Patrick Majomes is suddenly, kinda...medium salsa this year. Let's wait until we crown a guy named "Mac" after what--5 nice games? You're totally Matt Flynning this guy right now.

Maybe if I wear a Mac Jones nametag, you'll go ahead and pay me $50 million and I can just skip town and laugh at you.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Lets see what happens against the no-Henry Titans tomorrow first.

Also refresh my memory..... didn't the GIANTS beat the Saints?
The Saints had some semblance of an offense with Jameis and Kamara(1 TD was a INT return). They still posted 3 TDs on the Giants.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Let's think for a second: a guy like Patrick Majomes is suddenly, kinda...medium salsa this year. Let's wait until we crown a guy named "Mac" after what--5 nice games? You're totally Matt Flynning this guy right now.

Maybe if I wear a Mac Jones nametag, you'll go ahead and pay me $50 million and I can just skip town and laugh at you.
Matt Flynn wrecked two teams in the regular season and his best game was against the defense of Detroit. Mac Jones is dropping dimes over multiple games and
Unlike Patty, I doubt Mac has the mental roadblock to not take what the defense gives him.

Mac's micros(reading Ds, accuracy, poise) is translating into macro results. Not yet with gaudy stats but the O is running more and more smoothly every week and his hodgepodge bunch of receivers are being made to look better than they are, such that Hunter Henry is pacing for a career high in TDs. .

He just posted two 80%+ completion percentage games in a row, the first time any rookie has done it.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
For those of you who, for some reason, are New Jersey Giants fans here's a good news - bad news way to start your day.

Gettleman likely gone at end of season (but Judge will remain)

Good news = Gettleman fired.

BAD news = Judge NOT fired ??? o_O

Not only has Judge richly earned being shown the door IMO, its not often you see a new-hire GM succeed with somebody else's head coach pick still in place.

What the Giants need to do is clean house.

Last edited: