NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
fuck LT. That dude was the first R Kelly & Cosby, all in one.

So being a lecherous douchebag now "cancels" sports victories too?

Somehow you never struck me as the type. Just curious ... who is your favorite NFL team again and r u sure its 100% unrelated to the above?
seriously-seriously-cat.gif

In my world LT was a football player not my "role-model". (to paraphrase Charles Barkley) Personally my expectations are pretty low for anyone who makes their millions in entertainment.

EDIT: I have no issue with taking away some of the "value" of championships won or records set in racially segregated MLB for example(s) since that wrong-doing directly effected what happened on the field. (over half of the best players were not allowed to participate)

Off-field behavior OTOH I look at differently.... just because I wouldn't associate with someone doesn't mean I can't root for/against a team they're on or recognize their talent.

Also what ACTUALLY HAPPENED in the LT case does matter.... even Mike Tyson (who is a real POS) deserved a bit of consideration in that "rape" case in Indiana despite who he was.

Finally unless you say the same things about nearly EVERY SINGLE WHITE-MALE ROCK STAR FROM THE 60's, 70's and 80's that ever went on-tour, then I'm just going to be nice and tell you to save it.

;)

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

Somehow you never struck me as the type. Just curious ... who is your favorite NFL team again and r u sure its 100% unrelated to the above?
He likes Washington. I'll just let the convo continue between you two.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
He likes Washington. I'll just let the convo continue between you two.

You know I thought so but I couldn't recall thanks! :D

Not defending LT's actions with the under-age hooker in any way BUT that certainly explains a lot!

And I got all my "conversation" out in my post.... I'm done.

Obvious I was bored today? ;)

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
You know I thought so but I couldn't recall thanks! :D

Not defending LT's actions with the under-age hooker in any way BUT that certainly explains a lot!
Your owner's loins helped birth the taunting rule.
Then there was that "spirit of the salary cap" shenanigans.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Cleveland's got some crazy RB depth. Johnson and the other dude look really good in getting positive yards.

That block might be the most Cleveland thing ever.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

seriously-seriously-cat.gif

In my world LT was a football player not my "role-model". (to paraphrase Charles Barkley) Personally my expectations are pretty low for anyone who makes their millions in entertainment.

EDIT: I have no issue with taking away some of the "value" of championships won or records set in racially segregated MLB for example(s) since that wrong-doing directly effected what happened on the field. (over half of the best players were not allowed to participate)

Off-field behavior OTOH I look at differently.... just because I wouldn't associate with someone doesn't mean I can't root for/against a team they're on or recognize their talent.

Also what ACTUALLY HAPPENED in the LT case does matter.... even Mike Tyson (who is a real POS) deserved a bit of consideration in that "rape" case in Indiana despite who he was.

Finally unless you say the same things about nearly EVERY SINGLE WHITE-MALE ROCK STAR FROM THE 60's, 70's and 80's that ever went on-tour, then I'm just going to be nice and tell you to save it.

;)

Jesus fucking christ.

You know, you could have just typed: "I don't care about rapists if they are on my team"

and be done with it.

but you didn't.

:D

anyway, no--this has nothing to do with professional babies playing sportsball and my allegiance to whatever team that literally doesn't give a fuck about you or me. I don't fucking care that WFT is "my team." It hasn't shit to do with anything.

think bigger, folks. lol, like I give a fucking fuck about an adult playing for a sports team. lol.

besides, if it's anything like that, then it's that LT is a fucking whore Tarhole. Fuck those sonsofbitches!

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Jesus fucking christ.

You know, you could have just typed: "I don't care about rapists if they are on my team"

and be done with it.

but you didn't.

:D

anyway, no--this has nothing to do with professional babies playing sportsball and my allegiance to whatever team that literally doesn't give a fuck about you or me. I don't fucking care that WFT is "my team." It hasn't shit to do with anything.

think bigger, folks. lol, like I give a fucking fuck about an adult playing for a sports team. lol.

besides, if it's anything like that, then it's that LT is a fucking whore Tarhole. Fuck those sonsofbitches!

Like I said ... I was bored! ;)

Reactions: zinfamous

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
There was something almost Barry Sanders lite about that Browns running back. Some of those moves were unreal.

He's not Barry Sanders, whom I consider the best RB in NFL history and one of the greatest NFL players of all time at any position. But was nice to see him juke the Denver D into oblivion.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Interesting statistic since the start of the 2018 season....

Saquon - 19 rushing TD's
Josh Allen - 27 rushing TD's

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

Saquon - 19 rushing TD's
Health and the sheer magnitude of not-that-highly-rated guys that can rise to the top on a team makes even an RB with elite talent a very difficult buy at a top 5 or top 10 pick and Saqoun seems to be another RB that proved that point.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Saquon - 19 rushing TD's

Gettleman drafting Saquon at #2 was a terrible choice. He's a player you draft in today's league if you think you are close to making it to the big game, we needed to draft a QB of the future to groom under Eli that year, or if not trade down or get a top O-Lineman. I mean you couldn't predict Saquon's injuries, but even when he plays he just dances too much half the time. It was a big whiff at the #2 draft position.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
How is it "dumb" second-guessing something that didn't work?? :p

(I'll wait while you come up with something)

I hope you guys don't ever take up wagering on the NFL regularly ... for your own sakes!
Because he's made that play every. single. time. until last week, that's why. Easy as fuck to be Monday AM QB, "look!, see!, it didn't work!!!" I'd take Allen and that O-line for 6 inches 100 out of 100 times, I'd probably miss out on the payout on two or three, if that.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Because he's made that play every. single. time. until last week, that's why. Easy as fuck to be Monday AM QB, "look!, see!, it didn't work!!!" I'd take Allen and that O-line for 6 inches 100 out of 100 times, I'd probably miss out on the payout on two or three, if that.

AND you would have "missed the payout" the other night too. :p (while I would have hit it)

"Could have", "should have" AND "would have" in THE REAL WORLD (also football) are all trumped by "didn't" ... failing to understand this does not exactly make one "astute". (lol)

Successfully calling events like "a 2-3 out of 100 chance" ahead of time is what separates the winners of football games (and bets on them) from the losers.

;)

Btw I was screaming at the tv PRIOR to the play: "are you out of your freaking mind?" ... not after the fact as you seem to believe.

(I'M also not the one defending a failure here ... that would be you)

Last edited:

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
AND you would have "missed the payout" the other night too. :p (while I would have hit it)

"Could have", "should have" AND "would have" in THE REAL WORLD (also football) are all trumped by "didn't" ... failing to understand this does not exactly make one "astute". (lol)

;)

Btw I was screaming at the tv PRIOR to the play: "are you out of your freaking mind?" ... not after the fact as you seem to believe.

(I'M also not the one defending a failure here ... that would be you)
I'm simply looking at the situation as a good idea vs bad idea, would you be on here ranting about the "horrible" play calling if it worked?, NOPE. You've got sour grapes the size of basketballs stuck in you're mouth, spit 'em out before you look like a pro-grade winier.