NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

It's been a passing league for some years now, but the numbers are getting insane. 3 of the top 10 yardage passers through four games are: Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones and Jared Goff. They all have respectable passer ratings. At this point, QBs with shitty stats are the outliers.

Dan Snyder, the gift that keeps on giving!

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

It's been a passing league for some years now, but the numbers are getting insane. 3 of the top 10 yardage passers through four games are: Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones and Jared Goff. They all have respectable passer ratings. At this point, QBs with shitty stats are the outliers.

Dan Snyder, the gift that keeps on giving!

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I think the rain and defensive looks got to Brady more than anything. This is a game in which it should have been mostly the Fournette show, and they finally went that route for the lone TD drive. They almost ended it with the asshole CEO way of winning with the attempted bombs to Antonio Brown but the plays were not successful, likely in part due to the weather conditions.
Yeah....but boy he should have had those. The first attempt, he just wasn't looking. The second, he shouldn't have dropped it....but given the conditions, totally understandable. It was a heck of a try.

I'm not a TB fan (either of them). I just like good football and enjoy watching Brady's reads. I just usually don't see them until the replays where they switch to the overhead camera.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Yeah....but boy he should have had those. The first attempt, he just wasn't looking. The second, he shouldn't have dropped it....but given the conditions, totally understandable. It was a heck of a try.

I'm not a TB fan (either of them). I just like good football and enjoy watching Brady's reads. I just usually don't see them until the replays where they switch to the overhead camera.
Yup, I've seen Brown catch much more difficult balls than that, brady dropped that one in a perfect spot. Kind of easy for fans to criticize but playing in that kind of rain and wind cant be easy. I think BB should have let Mac go for it on 4th and 3, even if Folk makes that FG, you have to kick it back to Brady with a full minute remaining and all 3 timeout's needing just a FG.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Do not

Attachments

• RDT_20211004_21405933856861940965058.jpg
    RDT_20211004_21405933856861940965058.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 12

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Also the Chargers with Herbert are pretty freaking good.... especially that O-line. (Carr isn't very good either though!)

Dec 16th Chiefs @ Chargers has a lot of potential.
Seems like a coach was exactly what the Chargers needed. I still think Herbert has another level he can reach because he misses a few things right now but he is already a dynamic threat. Dude will be scary when that time comes, which could be as soon as after the bye week and definitely by next year.

LA has an embarrassment of riches. Two teams with elite quarterbacking.

Reactions: Captante

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Also the Chargers with Herbert are pretty freaking good.... especially that O-line. (Carr isn't very good either though!)

Dec 16th Chiefs @ Chargers has a lot of potential.
I am not sold on Carr at all still, even though they were 3-0 going into that game. He is way too streaky and inconsistent. I mean that pick he threw towards the end of the game is just the kind of things he does. It was such a terrible throw and it happens often.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I am not sold on Carr at all still, even though they were 3-0 going into that game. He is way too streaky and inconsistent. I mean that pick he threw towards the end of the game is just the kind of things he does. It was such a terrible throw and it happens often.

I read a quote from (I think) one of the Chargers linebackers saying "we know all we have to do is hit Carr a few times and he'll get rattled"... sounds about right vs what we saw.

Reactions: purbeast0

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I read a quote from (I think) one of the Chargers linebackers saying "we know all we have to do is hit Carr a few times and he'll get rattled"... sounds about right vs what we saw.
At his age, WYSIWYG with Carr. Guy who has the tangibles like the big arm but not the brain to process the game and put bad plays behind him

Joey Bosa said the quote: https://www.nfl.com/news/chargers-d...-we-knew-once-we-hit-him-a-few-times-he-reall

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
it-may-be-time-for-another-heart-attack.jpg

Urban-Meyer-Cycle.jpg

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Fixed.

He's got some game though, to get a young lady to let him get close.

If you're wealthy regular rules don't apply when it comes to women. You just can't be disgusting in appearance or infirm.

One of our family friends was a doctor who never got married. He looked kind of like Dick van *** but more handsome.

The guy had young girlfriends until the day he died (around 75 or so). My dad used to criticize him. He'd say "He's going to regret not having a family". But he lived his life the way he wanted to and I'm not sure he did.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The Jags need a respectable head coach so their #1 QB can not be distracted by drama. I volunteer Jason Garrett to be the new head coach of the Jags. Go get 'em!

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Seahawks D is playing like bile...

EDIT: MAYBE just good enough though? Nope ... not with Gino Smith @ QB :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
The Jags need a respectable head coach so their #1 QB can not be distracted by drama. I volunteer Jason Garrett to be the new head coach of the Jags. Go get 'em!

If Meyer does leave I would do anything I could to get Joe Brady from the Panthers if I were the Jags.

That guy seems like the real deal. He turns Burrrow into a world beater at LSU and now he seems to have fixed Sam Darnold very quickly.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If Meyer does leave I would do anything I could to get Joe Brady from the Panthers if I were the Jags.

That guy seems like the real deal. He turns Burrrow into a world beater at LSU and now he seems to have fixed Sam Darnold very quickly.

Either that or Darnold's issues were actually caused BY Gang-Green!

:p

8a136c8fde2ed418c921c724a2c3b0f7.jpg

Winter-vacation-e1447418745816.jpg

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
And thus ends the "Finger Bowl" with Stafford on top and Russ out(unless he's crazy stupid macho and trots out there next week).