NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I didn't watch the game today but Jones stats look great, and he's missing his two favorite targets too.

But I did watch all of the first three games, and Jones looked good. He's not the problem at all. I think he could be our guy. He needs a new offensive coordinator.

I'd LOVE to be wrong about Jones but the Saints put ZERO pressure on him today and contrary to whatever the heck that fox commentator was babbling about NO's D overall was pretty weak.

Add in the fact that when the chips were on the table Winston folded like a cheap suit and couldn't get even get a first down. It makes it hard for me to get too enthused about much of what I saw today .... both these teams kind of suck.

Barkley did look really good for the first time since returning, Jones didn't cough up the football and (at times) the Giants D looked very solid so there ARE positives to take away.

Stay objective about Jones though and don't buy in 100% until he can do what he did today against a good team with a solid leader and a pass-rush. (if NO had a real QB IMO they win in regulation by 14 points)

Nevertheless a win is a win and I'll take it! :D

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Washington's defense isn't just burnt toast. It's charred powder toast. QBs feast on them.

Taylor Heinicke got some mojo in the Red Zone.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I'd LOVE to be wrong about Jones but the Saints put ZERO pressure on him today and contrary to whatever the heck that fox commentator was babbling about NO's D overall was pretty weak.

Add in the fact that when the chips were on the table Winston folded like a cheap suit and couldn't get even get a first down. It makes it hard for me to get too enthused about much of what I saw today .... both these teams kind of suck.

Barkley did look really good for the first time since returning, Jones didn't cough up the football and (at times) the Giants D looked very solid so there ARE positives to take away.

Stay objective about Jones though and don't buy in 100% until he can do what he did today against a good team with a solid leader and a pass-rush. (if NO had a real QB IMO they win in regulation by 14 points)

Nevertheless a win is a win and I'll take it! :D
Jones has some ability and promise to hang around. He probably just has to settle down and have the game slow down for him. He has the athleticism and a decent deep ball. I hope, however, he doesn't reach his full potential and just be Kirk Cousins good for obvious reasons. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Jones has some ability and promise to hang around. He probably just has to settle down and have the game slow down for him. He has the athleticism and a decent deep ball. I hope, however, he doesn't reach his full potential and just be Kirk Cousins good for obvious reasons. :p

So did Dave Brown. :confused:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Hmm, Gronk will be out tonight with fractured ribs.....

So the stage is truly Tom vs Bill.

We'll see if Bill can draw blood then.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
wait so who's jenova then
I consider Sephiroth a chimera of Jenova and a human that is Hojo and Lucrecia's son. Jenova cells were injected into the womb of Lucrecia while Sephiroth was developing. His daddy was a scientist named Hojo.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
I consider Sephiroth a chimera of Jenova and a human that is Hojo and Lucrecia's son. Jenova cells were injected into the womb of Lucrecia while Sephiroth was developing. His daddy was a scientist named Hojo.

haha no i mean who's the jenova of the bucs/patriots

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
haha no i mean who's the jenova of the bucs/patriots
I'll say Bill Belichick is it. The toxic coaching tree contaminated the quality of competition in the league......making it easier for Tom and Pats. Cleveland sucked under Mangini. Josh McDaniels dismantled an elite offense in Denver.

Reactions: brianmanahan

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The NE QB looks like a high school kid.

Kinda PLAYS like one too! :p

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Geez.... How bad must Cam Newton have become for this guy to be starting for the Pats?

o_O

Seems like neither team can score though so far.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Geez.... How bad must Cam Newton have become for this guy to be starting for the Pats?

o_O

Seems like neither team can score though so far.
The same guy deemed not worth signing by Washington as a backup when Fitzpatrick went down.

There are some things to like with Mac Jones. The way he drops back, hitches, and scans the field is a very good sign he will be a real threat in the future. His accuracy is pretty good as well.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The same guy deemed not worth signing by Washington as a backup when Fitzpatrick went down.

There are some things to like with Mac Jones. The way he drops back, hitches, and scans the field is a very good sign he will be a real threat in the future. His accuracy is pretty good as well.

He certainly looked good on that last drive! :)

*(rooting hard against Brady)

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Ah the ball is so Slippery When Wet.
Tom is Livin' on a Prayer
The breakup was so bad, it gave love a bad name.
Tom said it's my life, and bailed to Florida.

(Bon Jovi references)

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I know very little about Jones but if Belichick sees something in him its a good bet he'll at least be pretty good. Say what you will about the guy but he's certainly proven to have a real eye for talent everyone else in the NFL somehow missed.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I know very little about Jones but if Belichick sees something in him its a good bet he'll at least be pretty good. Say what you will about the guy but he's certainly proven to have a real eye for talent!
I don't watch college ball, so I know nothing either. But some QBs' command of the pocket shows even in the limited 10 min highlight clips on NFL.
Eye for talent is not something I'd give too much credit Belichick for. His hauls were definitely not on the level of Bill Walsh.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I don't watch college ball, so I know nothing either. But some QBs' command of the pocket shows even in the limited 10 min highlight clips on NFL.
Eye for talent is not something I'd give too much credit Belichick for. His hauls were definitely not on the level of Bill Walsh.

Based on the duration of his success I would have to 100% completely disagree. (taking nothing away from Bill Walsh)

Belichick did not start out that way with Cleveland way back in the day BUT much as I dislike him he has become one of the best ever in all aspects of the game and he is certainly the "winningest" (this needs to be a word!) NFL head coach of all time in terms of rings AND in Super bowl appearances.

Not even debatable.

MOST SUPER BOWL COACHING WINS

COACHRECORDSB WINS

Bill Belichick6-3XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI, LIII
Chuck Noll4-0IX, X, XIII, XIV
Joe Gibbs3-1XVII, XXII, XXVI
Bill Walsh3-0XVI, XIX, XXIII

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
WFT is 2-2 this season and I've never felt so unhappy about a win as I have with their 2 wins so far this season. They could so easily (and probably should be) 0-4. They are a really really bad team right now.

Also, the officiating in that game was atrocious.

The roughing the passer call on Chase Young at a pivotal time in the game is probably THE worst call I've ever seen in the history of the NFL.

Then the no call on PI on McLaurin's TD with like 4 minutes left was the second worst, especially considering the ticky tacky PI calls they had made all game.

But I get it. That game had the bottom of the bucket commentators because it's the WFT against the Falcons, so they also had the worst officiating crew in the league.