NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
TNF was so boring. Next weeks game looks pretty boring/lame too. At least WFT and Giants who are also 2 shitty teams made TNF interesting last week.

Reactions: Captante and KMFJD

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Giants finding a way to lose again. What a shitty team.

Fire Gettleman. Let a new GM have full control.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Justin Tucker, the greatest kicker in NFL history, now owns the record for longest kick in NFL history with the 66-yard game winner:

Hockey gods have taken up permanent residence in the football gods’ shrine. Another doink and in.

Talk about being right at the limit of his range as well. Detroit gets to have another truly heartbreaking loss.

Prater got burned twice trying to break his own record as well.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Fckn SeaChickens are sucking today. Is this gonna be "one of those years?"

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Hottest take from every corner of sports commentary after week 1:

"The Packers need to go to Jordan Love NOW"

When did every mouthbreathing talking head become the drunk guy at the end of the bar who spouts rancid shit all night? Was it always like that? I don't recall it being that way back when I watched a lot of sports.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
ZqwtMI3.png

i did not get to see anything from this game, was it really that bad? Fields sacked 9 times? ouch

jmagg

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2001
The Gints may be able to give Chicago a game. Glad we don't have Alabama this week.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Was on the phone with a relative who had the Ravens/Lions game on in the background. He started off sounding pretty proud of how the Lions were doing, then not so much. We had to end the call. I see now what happened, hahaha. What a kick, holy shit. Gotta feel bad for those Lions, and I didn't even know about the previous record being set against them too.

The expressions of the Detroit players after that kick, wow, the disgust, the absolute WTF, how did that just happen? look. Did I see one of the Ravens unintentionally clothesline someone when he started running in celebration? Some kick, I can see why people are calling Justin Tucker the GOAT.

"It's déjà vu all over again," Tucker said. "I love Detroit. I'm thinking about getting a place here."

Hrmm. Maybe hold off on that a bit? Let this blow over some?

Last edited:

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
i did not get to see anything from this game, was it really that bad? Fields sacked 9 times? ouch
Mitch Trubisky got to play in garbage time and had 1 pass for 1 yard, equaling the net passing yards the Bears had in that game.

• Haha
Reactions: Torn Mind

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Was on the phone with a relative who had the Ravens/Lions game on in the background. He started off sounding pretty proud of how the Lions were doing, then not so much. We had to end the call. I see now what happened, hahaha. What a kick, holy shit. Gotta feel bad for those Lions, and I didn't even know about the previous record being set against them too.

The expressions of the Detroit players after that kick, wow, the disgust, the absolute WTF, how did that just happen? look. Did I see one of the Ravens unintentionally clothesline someone when he started running in celebration? Some kick, I can see why people are calling Justin Tucker the GOAT.

"It's déjà vu all over again," Tucker said. "I love Detroit. I'm thinking about getting a place here."

Hrmm. Maybe hold off on that a bit? Let this blow over some?
The suburbs of Detroit are where the rich people live but the inner city is garbage.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Brady vs Belichick is the headline this week. Will Bill outscheme his former QB or will Tom continue to humiliate him?

Mac Jones will not be a major factor, imo. He's going to be good in the future but he's just learning right now.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Brady vs Belichick is the headline this week. Will Bill outscheme his former QB or will Tom continue to humiliate him?

Mac Jones will not be a major factor, imo. He's going to be good in the future but he's just learning right now.
I sincerely doubt Bill can come up with a scheme to fool Brady, a plus for the Pats is Gronk will not be playing with busted ribs, didn't even make the trip. Mac has taken some heat for not throwing more downfield but we don't know if that's because no one is getting separation or he's afraid of turning it over. Tough match-up vs the Bucs D since the Bucs D is all but impossible to run on and the Pats like to run it and throw short passes.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I took the Giants (-3 ) in my 3 team parlay, because the Giants shouldn't be a favorite of any kind, and it's just too ridiculous. Also took bun boy Rodgers, going against my inclinations. The third is Cleveland who i actually like this week.

However the Saints have Winston* under center. (rotfl what were they thinking?) Should be a decent matchup due to that fact alone.

*(aka: Lamar Jackson economy-version)

New Orleans is pretty much done until they get a QB.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Giants finding a way to lose again. What a shitty team.

Fire Gettleman. Let a new GM have full control.

To be fair the REST of the Saints team after crappy Winston is extremely talented. My guess is they have an "okay" season with him at QB despite how inconsistently he plays.

No excuses for the Giants anymore though... you know my stance, its BEEN time to clean house for awhile now.

With the exception of a few defensive players EVERYONE needs to be shown the door from the top down. (I'll drive Jones to JFK personally!)

Could be worse I suppose .... COULD be a Jets fan! :p

images

Wish granted. :(

23722005-standard.jpg

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
To be fair the REST of the Saints team after crappy Winston is extremely talented. My guess is they have an "okay" season with him at QB despite how inconsistently he plays.

No excuses for the Giants anymore though... you know my stance, its BEEN time to clean house for awhile now.

With the exception of a few defensive players EVERYONE needs to be shown the door from the top down. (I'll drive Jones to JFK personally!)

Could be worse I suppose .... COULD be a Jets fan!

images

Wish granted. :(

23722005-standard.jpg

I didn't watch the game today but Jones stats look great, and he's missing his two favorite targets too.

But I did watch all of the first three games, and Jones looked good. He's not the problem at all. I think he could be our guy. He needs a new offensive coordinator.