NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
People are talking about how Rodgers might be intentionally tanking. I tell them that if Rodgers really wants to screw with Green Bay, he needs to play close to .500 and just miss the playoffs.
Being stuck with a middle draft pick and no playoffs is indeed the real hell. It's more evident in hockey but it happens in football too.

Packers hired the right D coordinator for the job if their goal is not to win anything. Making turnover Jameis Winston "god mode Winston" for a day is a tall task and the Packers' D pulled it off. More of the same should be expected every week. Joe Barry is dead reliably bad, the overseer of the D of the 0-16 Lions.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
People are talking about how Rodgers might be intentionally tanking. I tell them that if Rodgers really wants to screw with Green Bay, he needs to play close to .500 and just miss the playoffs.

Its also POSSIBLE he just isn't as "legendary" as he's been proclaimed.

;)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Its also POSSIBLE he just isn't as "legendary" as he's been proclaimed.

;)
Hottest take in this thread. He was a monster back in the day. The back shoulder magic with the likes of Nelson, Jennings, is indicative of a lot of work and a lot of talent.

Reactions: KMFJD

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Hottest take in this thread. He was a monster back in the day. The back shoulder magic with the likes of Nelson, Jennings, is indicative of a lot of work and a lot of talent.

Bottom line he's a good solid QB ... and a LEGENDARY compiler of stats.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Some of these matchups at the start of the season could have had crazy outcomes. The Browns where a choke away from KC starting 0-2. Feels like the majority of the league is a little more even matched than past years.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Back in the day... as in MVP a season ago.

The NFL draft is very different from the NBA or NHL drafts. Most orgs would kill to have the 15th overall pick, but obviously you have a better shot of greatness the higher up you go. There's still plenty of value in later rounds of the NFL draft as well.

Some of these matchups at the start of the season could have had crazy outcomes. The Browns where a choke away from KC starting 0-2. Feels like the majority of the league is a little more even matched than past years.
NFL parity has been a thing for many years now, although it does sound weird to say the Chiefs should be 0-2 or 2-0, for that matter.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Chiefs have an angry pass rush focused D that never was consistently dominant but can “come together”. They still get mauled by powerful lines and backs, which is what the Browns and Ratbirds have. Just that when you have the greatest QB prodigy yet in the game, many teams become one dimensional chasing the score.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Ah, the Joe Barry mind strikes on drive 1 of the game between the Lions and Packers.

Packers fans will be disappointed in their team this season. Mark my words.

Goff also sucks. He was late in seeing that wide open WR.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Lions running out of steam. Not surprising because Goff still goes deer-in-headlights when making his reads.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Goff with an absolutely hilarious fumble. Pulling it back to throw, and the ball slips out. HAHAHA.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Goff with an absolutely hilarious fumble. Pulling it back to throw, and the ball slips out. HAHAHA.
His tiny hands do not function well in the rain :) Game ended as expected

jmi0fmt8ewo71.png

Reactions: purbeast0

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Packers fans will be disappointed in their team this season. Mark my words.

Goff also sucks. He was late in seeing that wide open WR.

Completely agreed on both points.... LA/Stafford got the better end of that deal.

Its the freaking Lions and THEY could figure out how to lose with Montana & Rice! (Detroit ... where NFL careers go to die)

:p

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Completely agreed on both points.... LA/Stafford got the better end of that deal.

Its the freaking Lions and THEY could figure out how to lose with Montana & Rice! (Detroit ... where NFL careers go to die)

:p
Well, they got both Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders to check out of the game early. Like a true Ford, built to fail with cheap and crappy parts and it's a real chore replacing the essential parts.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
His tiny hands do not function well in the rain :) Game ended as expected

jmi0fmt8ewo71.png

Brady certainly does know how to spread things around!

Also he's had one heck of a lot of terrific receivers to spread it to!

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Lions are in another rebuild (they do this a lot) , anyone expecting Goff to win shootouts with the talent on that team is on crazy pills. And the games will all be shootouts, as is Lions tradition , they can't cover anyone....

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
LIONS ARE IN A nother rebuild (they do this a lot) , anyone expecting Goff to win shootouts with the talent on that team is on crazy pills. And the games will all be shootouts, as is Lions tradition , they can't cover anyone.... PERPETUAL REBUILD.

Fixed. :D (sorry)

I swear the best team this franchise has ever fielded relative to the rest of the league was the 1987 scab-season!

Season of the scab

• Haha
Reactions: Torn Mind

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Brady certainly does know how to spread things around!

Also he's had one heck of a lot of terrific receivers to spread it to!
TWSS.

But Gronk is his one-and-only....
But he's got the hots for Antonio

"It's complicated". :D

jmagg

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2001
I took the Giants (-3 ) in my 3 team parlay, because the Giants shouldn't be a favorite of any kind, and it's just too ridiculous. Also took bun boy Rodgers, going against my inclinations. The third is Cleveland who i actually like this week.