NFL Fans: If you watch the game on Fox and use the Spanish audio feed...

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
I discovered this last year....watching a game on fox, select the SAP button or option or however you would usually listen to the spanish commentary. There's no commentary with this option for football on Fox, it's just audio from the field, I like it much better.

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
or you could just turn down the volume and turn on the radio broadcast of the game.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: AmigaMan
or you could just turn down the volume and turn on the radio broadcast of the game.

? Then you'd hear announcers...I'm just saying some people don't like hearing that stuff...I find it a nice change of pace, just hearing the sounds of the game with no commentary

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I believe the NFL/ a TV network (not sure which one) tried the "no announcers" approach a loooong time ago for a few games and it bombed.

found it

"...There is a precedent for airing an NFL game without the use of broadcasters. On Dec. 20, 1980, NBC aired the New York Jets at the Miami Dolphins. The Jets were 3-12 entering the game and the Dolphins were 8-7. (Jets won 24-17). Since the game had no playoff implications, NBC decided to let the sounds from the stands and the PA announcer serve as the sole audio. No players were miked. Dick Enberg set the scene for viewers at the beginning of each quarter and then viewers were taken to the stadium.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
I like it actually, well probably because I always get the name announced by joe buck; I believe him to be the worst announcer in the world.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
I discovered this last year....watching a game on fox, select the SAP button or option or however you would usually listen to the spanish commentary. There's no commentary with this option for football on Fox, it's just audio from the field, I like it much better.

Awesome, thanks OP :thumbsup: