NFL Boredom

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
Come on NFL ! Get the season over with now so we can see the only contest that really matters , New England v Seattle. The rest of the season, from this weekend on, is entirely moot.Game scores will not affect the final two. Let them play now. End the suspense.

Instead, in my area , TV has three games

Bills v Jets---really ? Boring, inept teams and no one cares.

Raiders v Broncos--Come on. Raiders just lost their first string QB for the year and Denver has no QB.

Packers v Lions.--I think its on at 8:30pm but will have to check. .

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Considering their stable of injuries, I wouldn't expect Seattle to make it to the SB. Their pretty vulnerable in their first home game, I would say.

and yes--GB v Det was flexed to the night game mid last week. It's easily the most important game of the week.

Well, Skins Giants more important to me, but the NFCN game has the largest impact.

Last edited:

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
What makes you think that Seattle is going anywhere? They're not scaring anybody. Right now they'd be underdogs against Dallas, Green Bay and probably Atlanta too.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Come on NFL ! Get the season over with now so we can see the only contest that really matters , New England v Seattle. The rest of the season, from this weekend on, is entirely moot.Game scores will not affect the final two. Let them play now. End the suspense.

Instead, in my area , TV has three games

Bills v Jets---really ? Boring, inept teams and no one cares.

Raiders v Broncos--Come on. Raiders just lost their first string QB for the year and Denver has no QB.

Packers v Lions.--I think its on at 8:30pm but will have to check. .

I thought you watch the commericials, which occationally get interrupted by the game?

http://qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl-game-more-than-100-commercials-and-just-11-minutes-of-play/

Last edited:

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
What makes you think that Seattle is going anywhere? They're not scaring anybody. Right now they'd be underdogs against Dallas, Green Bay and probably Atlanta too.

O Ye Of Little Faith ! Seattle won the earlier match between these two in probably the best game of the year .

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
No, the refs gifted them the game by not calling an obvious PI on ATL's last play. Good try though.

In any event, it was a close game and a rematch could go either way. Assuming they would win again, because they got the win last time is silly. Sure they could win, they also could not. Nobody wants to see the Pats vs Seahacks again. Except Seahacks fans who want redemption.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Huh?, Seattle got smoked in GB with Wilson throwing 5 picks, lost at home to Arizona, lost in Tampa. Their only win of late is vs the Rams which is not exactly much of a statement and Thomas is gone for the season as well, no way in hell they beat Dallas or GB to advance. Meanwhile in Miami the Pat's lead 20-7@ the half but the Pats had to settle for 2 FG's vs TD's and Miami just scored before the end of the half and get the ball to start the 2nd. Here in FL the heat+humidity takes it's toll as the game progresses and by no means is this game over. Really, I'm not concerned even if the Pats lose and wind up playing in Oakland with Carr out I can't see the Raiders winning, of course anything's possible..

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
guys: the great game that OP is talking about is the NE-Seattle game from earlier this year. Yes, the problem is that he is ignoring the road they have to take to get there where, at this point, they are the clear underdogs in a rather strong NFC.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
guys: the great game that OP is talking about is the NE-Seattle game from earlier this year. Yes, the problem is that he is ignoring the road they have to take to get there where, at this point, they are the clear underdogs in a rather strong NFC.

Is Russel Wilson in the game ? Nuff said.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Miami starts the 2nd half by driving 75yds for a TD using the "no-huddle" route, NE defense looked gassed, had them in 3rd/7, 3rd/8 and surrendered 1st downs both times, if Brady and Co go 3/out here this could be the turning point.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
Miami starts the 2nd half by driving 75yds for a TD using the "no-huddle" route, NE defense looked gassed, had them in 3rd/7, 3rd/8 and surrendered 1st downs both times, if Brady and Co go 3/out here this could be the turning point.

Can you stream to You Tube and I can get it from there ?

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
yes, it's always the refs. never forget that.

No, its not always the refs. I never said that either. Dont be dumb. Are you really trying to deny that that wasn't PI? That it shouldn't have given ATL the ball with first down there, available for a FG to win the game? If so, you really have no clue. There is absolutely no reason to miss that call.

The Seahacks did beat the Pats and ATL, both on basically the final play. Trying to assume that they would beat each again because they did before is ignorant. Do you not know about the end of season injuries to some players? The serious lack of stability in their play? Yes they have Wilson, and he is amazing, and finally healthy. He is the only reason I would like them to win at all.

You're so confident in them, hows about lets make a wager?

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Pats were in a 3rd/8, Brady hits Edelman on the left side, he spins past one tackler and Floyd (who's 1st catch was a hard-fought TD in the 1st Qtr) just laid a devastating block on the last Miami DB which sprung Edeleman for a 70yrd TD. The Pats took a lot of flack for signing Floyd but he playing like his hair is on fire.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
Nice but I wouldn't stay with that streaming site. I'm fumigating the entire system now.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Nice but I wouldn't stay with that streaming site. I'm fumigating the entire system now.

Yea, Miami was again establishing momentum and the punch-out happened on the 6yrd line. Surprised how often this still happens in the NFL since all defenders are taught this technique anyone holding the ball should be aware of the unseen attack from behind. Now Blount just scored another TD so this is gonna wrap it up. I have to give credit to the Miami offensive line, the run-blocking has been average but Moore has not been sacked or even knocked down the entire game. Actually since he took over from Tannerhill's injury he has 1 sack in 89 drop-backs, that's solid work, and they will need that for the upcoming playoff's.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

LOL, sorry, all streaming sites are pretty much like that though. I'd gladly do PPV but of course that is not available in North America, I think it had something to do with Direct TV handing over a $3 billion check to the league.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Seattle now behind the mighty 49'rs 14-6, this team peaked with the win at Foxborough it seems..