Next Steps to Take to Fix 'Systemic Racism' - As Told by a CIS-Gender male with White Privilege

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Eski asked you why blacks are arrested more frequently than whites for MJ, his suggestion is that it's racial bias (and the data demonstrates this).

Rather than answer his question you respond with your own question asking why black on black homicide is higher. There are only two reasons for you to respond this one, one is that you simply don't understand the rhetorical process which may very well be the case, the other, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, is that you see it as some sort of refutation of his point. The only way it would refute his point is if your example is not related to systemic bias (which of course it is), but then you're implying its due to what, exactly? Well, you don't say anything other than what you said, that they're black. We're left to assume your counter point is that black on black homicide is higher.. because they're black.

First, my answer to fskimospy was "I dont know". So I *did* answer. However, you continued to assert this means Im racist (how the fuck did you get to that?). I also said I was conflating the two topics. But never once. Not one single time. Did I say "because theyre black". Ever. Quit putting words in my mouth. It just makes you look like someone trying to pathetically make their point.

Now, if you want to up your rhetorical game, feel free. But don't say dumb shit and whine about being called on it.
You calling me a racist without providing direct evidence, but instead spinning some fucking story because I didnt say something directly means I mean something else, is childish, and frankly not very intelligent. Me asking for you to provide one quote from me that supports your allegation that Im racist isnt rhetoric. Im simply asking you to provide support for your statement. I mean, I can tell by the way you post that youre obviously a pedophile. Dont ask me to to provide support for that, because youve prven thats not needed. You just are.

As far as a misquote, I did no such thing. You argued that you couldn't be racist because you married a "brown" person, I chided you that that is the same thing as saying, "I have a black friend." That is what I was referencing, which is plainly obvious.

Yes, you did. Heres your exact post:

"You suggested black on black homicide rates are higher.. because they're black."

Again. I never said that. Nor have you posted anything to supporting that I was suggesting that. You put words in my mouth. Just stop.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
First, my answer to fskimospy was "I dont know". So I *did* answer. However, you continued to assert this means Im racist (how the fuck did you get to that?). I also said I was conflating the two topics. But never once. Not one single time. Did I say "because theyre black". Ever. Quit putting words in my mouth. It just makes you look like someone trying to pathetically make their point.

You calling me a racist without providing direct evidence, but instead spinning some fucking story because I didnt say something directly means I mean something else, is childish, and frankly not very intelligent. Me asking for you to provide one quote from me that supports your allegation that Im racist isnt rhetoric. Im simply asking you to provide support for your statement. I mean, I can tell by the way you post that youre obviously a pedophile. Dont ask me to to provide support for that, because youve prven thats not needed. You just are.

Yes, you did. Heres your exact post:

"You suggested black on black homicide rates are higher.. because they're black."

Again. I never said that. Nor have you posted anything to supporting that I was suggesting that. You put words in my mouth. Just stop.
... I already explained this, I asked you to feel free to elaborate or better articulate your point to clarify, you haven't. I'm beyond bored.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
... I already explained this, I asked you to feel free to elaborate or better articulate your point to clarify, you haven't. I'm beyond bored.

You may be bored, but you havent provided one quote of mine that supports your assertion that Im racist. Not one. All youve done is summarize that what I didnt say means Im a racist because....which is....well....creative anyway.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
You attempted to generate statistics that your own source said it couldn’t do due to reliability concerns. You then attempted to use them to prove something else without controlling for obvious confounds. You are incompetent.

Has nothing to do with marijuana. Irrelevant.

Anyways, from now on I will be sure to mention that you get your information from white power websites any time you comment on racial issues. Thanks for that!

You are incompetent. You still haven't addressed anything I stated at all. Except to state "white supremacy" for an answer. Here some other relevant stats for this issue.

Black Americans are far less likely to trust the health care system and anything related to it. Including surveys on health related issues.

Illicit drug use and marijuana use are at higher rates in poverty area and especially men in poverty.

Black men have higher rates of poverty than white men. So do black women.

Illicit drug use, and marijuana use are at higher rates when in connection with other criminal offenses especially violent crime. Black people are arrested and convicted much higher rates than any other race when it comes to violent crimes just about anywhere in the world. Let alone the US.

Also, the rate at which blacks visit the ER more than whites is not much higher at 32% vs 29% in most places. Hispanics visit the ER at 39% when seeking medical attention. The 3% gap from black to white ER rates don't at all explain the 300% gap in marijuana problem rate for ER visits for black versus white. Nor does it explain the even larger gap vs hispanics who go to the ER more. This is why your self reporting studies are piles of shit. Self reporting studies also tend to be the least relevant in issues like this in the first place. Trying to claim that whites and blacks use marijuana at equal rates based on some poor self survey results is just a crock. Not when there is plenty of other counter evidence, which I've already provided, which go against that. This is why you are an incompetent hack shill on this site.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You are incompetent. You still haven't addressed anything I stated at all. Except to state "white supremacy" for an answer. Here some other relevant stats for this issue.

Black Americans are far less likely to trust the health care system and anything related to it. Including surveys on health related issues.

Illicit drug use and marijuana use are at higher rates in poverty area and especially men in poverty.

Black men have higher rates of poverty than white men. So do black women.

Illicit drug use, and marijuana use are at higher rates when in connection with other criminal offenses especially violent crime. Black people are arrested and convicted much higher rates than any other race when it comes to violent crimes just about anywhere in the world. Let alone the US.

Also, the rate at which blacks visit the ER more than whites is not much higher at 32% vs 29% in most places. Hispanics visit the ER at 39% when seeking medical attention. The 3% gap from black to white ER rates don't at all explain the 300% gap in marijuana problem rate for ER visits for black versus white. Nor does it explain the even larger gap vs hispanics who go to the ER more. This is why your self reporting studies are piles of shit. Self reporting studies also tend to be the least relevant in issues like this in the first place. Trying to claim that whites and blacks use marijuana at equal rates based on some poor self survey results is just a crock. Not when there is plenty of other counter evidence, which I've already provided, which go against that. This is why you are an incompetent hack shill on this site.
Your own sources disagree as I already showed you, and you tried to use them to invent statistics your own sources said they could not do with the data. The only source that agreed with you was the white supremacist website you linked to which chose to misrepresent the data instead. Lol.

Also the irony of being called an ‘incompetent hack shill’ by a guy who apparently kept reporting me for calling him names is not lost on me. Lol. Now you’re a whiner AND a hypocrite!

Oh yeah, and a guy who reads white power websites, lol.

Reactions: ch33zw1z